Paris

1,823 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dcAg
Mr. McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wifey and I are doing a day trip to Paris. We are taking the train from London to Paris Gare du Nord. We are staying the night and seeing if anyone has a hotel recommendation that is in between the train station and the common tourist spots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
An Ag in CO
AG
Budget? I've recently stayed at George V and Hotel Plaza Athene and both are conveniently located (walking distance) to most of the tourist stuff. Took the metro from Gare du Nord to both and that was pretty easy and fast. But they're both on the expensive side. Top notch service and concierges, though.
Vernada
AG
On the expensive side?

Lol
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Only there to sleep. We are in London for a week with a quick trip to Paris. Went with a hotel near the train station. 25hour Hotel Terminus Nord. Little boutique and cool looking hotel.
SkiMo
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

Only there to sleep. We are in London for a week with a quick trip to Paris. Went with a hotel near the train station. 25hour Hotel Terminus Nord. Little boutique and cool looking hotel.
If you're only there for a day then I would spend it in Montmartre which is a short walk from Gare du Nord.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Thanks!!!
FriendlyAg
SkiMo said:

Mr. McGibblets said:

If you're only there for a day then I would spend it in Montmartre which is a short walk from Gare du Nord.

But opposite direction of the tourist attractions besides Sacre Coeur. Less touristy for sure, but definitely further away from the main sites, which if you are only there for 24 hours... you will want to see.

I have said this before, but le florimond, le porte pot, and l'avant comptoir are must visits.
Snipes
AG
Wife and in laws stayed at Hotel Dauphine Saint-Germain last summer based on recommendation from somebody on here. Hotel was clean and had air-conditioning but room was typical small euro room. Worked great for us for $~150 a night and was walking distance to Notre Dame and the Louvre.
jwoodmd
Mr. McGibblets said:

Gare du Nord is adjacent to a very middle eastern immigrant area and the train station is overrun by begging gypsies. Watch your bags and wallets for pick pockets. If you stay in that area you won't get a good viewing of the better parts of Pais.
jwoodmd
FriendlyAg said:

SkiMo said:

Mr. McGibblets said:

But opposite direction of the tourist attractions besides Sacre Coeur. Less touristy for sure, but definitely further away from the main sites, which if you are only there for 24 hours... you will want to see.

I have said this before, but le florimond, le porte pot, and l'avant comptoir are must visits.
Small world - Laurant who is a co-owner is friend. This is over in the 7th and for the OP that would be a great place to stay if you have one night. If you want small, reasonable priced hotel in the area, look into the Hotel Muguet. You can walk to Le Florimand, stroll Rue Cler, stroll the Champ du Mars, see the Eiffel Tower, etc. in a very upscale neighborhood. Hotel Cadran in that area is also a good choice.
FriendlyAg
Oh really? That's cool. Good guy. Exceptional service. Next time I'm back I'll be going back.
dcAg
Snipes is correct. Stay in the St. Germain district. There are a number of nice little places to stay. I think I stayed at the Hotel La Perle. It was a nice place.

The subway is super easy to use.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.