Hotel recc between LA and SD

805 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bachelor99
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are doing a couple days in Disneyland, then flying out a couple days later from San Diego. We want to do two nights somewhere on the beach. I have used the major search tools and just can't find anything that jumps out at me. Would like to keep it less than $250 x night and be walking distance to the beach. We had considered the San Diego zoo for one day, but if we stay more North, we could pass on the zoo. Party includes me, wife and 2 kids (1 and 4). In laws will be with is, but not sharing a room or anything like that.
We looked vrbo and airbnb, but the damn fees make it not reasonable for just 2 nights.
Smokin Chisel
AG
Have you tried looking in the Carlsbad, Del Mar and La Jolla areas?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Just a little bit. Will hit it harder tomorrow.
HHAG
AG
Les Artistes.

https://lesartistesinn.com/
breezecustomtravel
AG
We've stayed at Omni La Costa near Carlsbad...it was very nice but might be kind of pricey depending on when you are staying and there is a resort fee. The Spa was the best I've ever been to and the water slides and pools were FUN.

I've had friends stay at Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach and Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa and both were outstanding from what we heard. Priced really well and near the beach.
Now that Sheraton is with Marriott Bonvoy we would probably try that one next time.

Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
aggiedata
AG
Best Western Del Mar

Very nice place for the money.
beachfront71
AG
your going to have trouble finding something nice and on the beach and less than 250.
best bang for the buck is the La Jolla beach and tennis club but they sell out quick..

best bet will be pacific beach / mission beach area in SD ..
JMac03
AG
I had a conference at Paradise Point at Mission Bay. It has a beach front area (no waves from what I recall - more cove like). I didn't stay there, I stayed at The Dana on Mission Bay, which was about 1.5 miles down the road due to work and nightly hotel rate caps. PP is a nice, large resort that may be worth checking out. It is not far from the airport either.
Punked Shank
AG
Also...check out Encinitas and Solana Beach for airbnbs.

Enci is a good midpoint between Del mar and Carlsbad.

Note...not sure of your dates but opening race day at the del mar tracks is next week.

Comic Con is next weekend.
Prices will be higher as summer for San Diego really starts in July and August as we have may gray and June gloom that brings typical marine layer most days.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Mid Sept. 19-21
Mustang1
AG
Not sure on rates but Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach is solid.
Bachelor99
AG
Monarch Beach Resort near Dana Point is always solid.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.