Favorite restaurants or activities in Estes Park and Winter Park

1,621 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Lily09
harringtontravelco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are taking a summer vacation to Colorado in early Aug. We have a split stay with first half staying at YMCA Estes Park and second half at Winter Park. We have 4 and 5 year old girls. I would love recommendations of your favorite eating places and kid friendly activities at these 2 Colorado spots
Post removed:
by user
Wicked Good Ag
Alpine slides for the kids near Winter Park
Candiru
AG
In Estes Park, Fun City, putt putt, rent a pontoon for an hour on the lake and let the kids steer. RMNP: Bear Lake 'hike' might be enough. If they can do more, head up the trail to Nymph Lake, Dream Lake, and finally, Emerald Lake if they are hanging in there. Antonio's for pizza is good enough.
rrose
AG
What is the name of your sister's condo? May be interested for next summer
lil99chris
AG
Winterpark dining recommendations....

Deno's Mountain Bistro
Hernando's Pizza Pub
The Peak

Not a big fan of Randi's Grill & Pub. Service and food were not up to par.
harringtontravelco
I've rented an Airbnb already in Winter Park but thanks for info
harringtontravelco
Thank you for the recommendations
Post removed:
by user
Lucky Jack Aubrey
AG
In Estes Park, Dunraven Inn, Smokin Dave's, and Estes Park Brewery are all really good with kids.
Seasoned and Bird & Jim are great, but not as family friendly.
Lily09
AG
I just got back from the YMCA. There's so much to do there. They have putt putt for free with a kids course if you are staying on the YMCA. Sweet Memorial has fun activities. They put a schedule on the marker board in that building of different things they might do that day. Very kid friendly stuff. The craft shop is also great. A lot of playgrounds. You can even do short hikes around the property. There's an outdoor center that has some hands on educational things about Estes Park and the different wildlife. It also has an indoor rock climbing wall. There's a list of a bunch of activities that Y offers. Look at that. It should be on the website. We also did the hayride. My one year old son loved it. We roasted marshmallows and rode around the property. The Livery has pony rides.

My husband also did Trout Haven as a kid. Easy fishing and he loved it. It's between downtown and the Y.

Short hikes in RMNP could also work. I saw a lot of young kids at Alberta Falls and Bear Lake area. Just be aware that those are popular and the lots might fill up quick. It did for us but we did the park and ride.

Forgot to add food suggestions. Sweet Basilico is pretty good Italian. Apparently, Donut Haus is good. We didn't make it there. Some food places among the shops in downtown. The Y has Rustic Cafe. Easy and convenient. We got hot dogs one night and then took advantage of a free pizza delivery that RC offers. They will deliver for free between 5-8pm. The pizza was actually really good.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.