Oregon Wine Country

1,444 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by notheranymore
mpl35
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Recs for Wineries, Vineyards, and even food. I have 4 days. Napa threads on here really paid off 2 years ago.

Crossposted in Food/spirits
mforce
AG
Soter Vineyards. I highly recommend the provisions tasting.
YouBet
AG
White Rose.
HHAG
AG
Eat at The Painted Lady in Newberg. Best place we have ever dined at. Coco Winery is run by an Aggie. We stayed at a b&b in Mcminnville, but I think it has closed.
YouBet
AG
Black Walnut Inn is a great B&B we stayed at.
Schall 02
AG
The bartender(s) at the fancy resort in Newberg know everything. Go there for lunch and ask about Ayoub Winery. It's awesome. Literally wine tasting on the winemaker's kitchen island overlooking the vines.
breezecustomtravel
AG
We only had time to go to three wineries...wish we would have been able to visit more but we wanted to see more breweries and coastline.

Ponzi Vineyards - AMAZING views! Wine was good....the bartenders were kind of snobby and not very personable but oh well, we just grabbed a glass and sat outside.

Hawk's View - also GORGEOUS views, but I don't really think you can go wrong with any views in PNW wineries. Wine was good and one of the best charcuterie trays we've ever had. Check out @breezecustomtravel instagram for some pictures from here.

Raptor Ridge Vineyard - This was just OK. Not the best wine or views and very small.

We ventured to Newberg later that evening and loved it....wished we would have spent more time there and visiting the surrounding wineries.
Ruddick/Wood Tavern was suggested to us by a local and it did not disappoint. Craft beer on tap and Texas music playing in the background. If you go, just walk straight to the back and say you want to eat in the tavern.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
LayeredTrout
AG
My wife and I stayed outside Newburg at Le Puy (B&B) and had a great experience.

We really enjoyed some of the natural wine spots like Day Wines and Craft Wine Co. Not a very fancy tasting experience, but some of our favorite wine.

We really wanted to go to Big Table Farm, but you have to commit to buying a case in order to do a tasting. We have really enjoyed all of the wine we have had from them.

I would highly recommend checking out Valley Wine Merchants in Newburg. Andrew is the owner and is incredibly knowledgeable. He would be able to recommend the best spots to check out based on what you are looking for. He has a great retail selection as well, and does a wine club that we have since signed up for.

Would also recommend a day trip to the coast, it is beautiful!
notheranymore
White Rose. And a trip to Cannon Beach.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.