Need Hawaii travel advice Ags

11 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SoupNazi2001
AggieLady70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter and I will be in Honolulu over the 4th of July, then would like to go to one of the other islands for a week. My questions are... How far in advance do you have to book a hop to another island? Will it be possible to find lodging this time of year? Your favorite islands?

Your thoughts appreciated. Gig 'em and God bless.
Furlock Bones
AG
Kauai is the best. Hawaiian air has tons of daily flights between the islands.
AggieLady70
AG
Thanks!
Matsui
AG
https://www.mokuleleairlines.com/

Look at them for island hoppers.
txags92
AG
Which one is the best really depends on what you want to do. Maui, Hawaii, and Kauai are all better than Oahu. Should be easy to find flights...Southwest just announced interisland service, but not sure when it starts. Lodging might be a bit more challenging, but should still be doable.
nosoupforyou
AG
We loved Big Island when we went.. if you go there and fly into Konya, I can share lots of things to do
aggie4231
AG
I vote for the Big Island. Plenty of inter-island flights throughout the day.

Plenty of things to see and do there. I've gone 3 times over the last 1.5 years. Spent a total of 21ish days. And still have plenty left to see and do.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
nosoupforyou
AG
Did you do the White Road Hike? It's amazing..
Austintm
Kauai, not even close. Go to the north shore.
aggie4231
AG
This time around was a short trip. 3 days fishing. Did sunrise on top of Mauna Kea, Captain Cook monument hike and snorkel, and South Pointe.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
nosoupforyou
AG
aggie4231 said:

This time around was a short trip. 3 days fishing. Did sunrise on top of Mauna Kea, Captain Cook monument hike and snorkel, and South Pointe.
nice! We didn't go to the very top of Mauna Kea - it was COLD at the mid-point at Onizuka Center where we looked through telescopes.

South Point was great - nobody around and just beautiful blue water and lava rock. Hope you got to see the Papakolea Green Sand Beach and the Punalu'u Black Sand Beach not far from there.

on the north side - we loevd Pololu Overlook - similar to Waipio Valley Lookout but fewer people I believe.
Aggie87
AG
If you have an entire week to spend, why not consider two islands? Kauai would be good for 3 days, and the Big Island for 4.

Kauai has the Napali Coast, which makes for an amazing boat trip, either on a catamaran sail or a faster raft tour that includes snorkeling. Also the Waimea Canyon and the Kalalau Lookout point are amazing.

The Big Island is worth it for the volcanoes alone - Kilauea and Mauna Kea.
Philip J Fry
AG
Any real fan of Kauai would tell their friends to go to Maui. I love how little traveled Kauai is and would like to keep it that way.
breezecustomtravel
AG
Most of my clients have ventured to either Maui or Kauai.
Both are absolutely stunning and with some amazing beaches.
Kauai seems to be not as busy and has a slower pace to it.

Hawaiian Airlines has so many inter-island flights every day you should be able to find a good deal. Even the first class tickets (which include bags) are a really nice price.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.