60k signup bonus from Southwest

1,336 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 62strat
SLF11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FYI - got the email for 60k SWA credit card bonus yesterday and signed up. Highest I had seen before that was 50k
AgOutsideAustin
AG
40k sign up.
maroon10
AG
Do they usually offer the sign up for CC get companion pass offer or was that once in a lifetime offer they did earlier this year?
AustinCountyAg
maroon10 said:

Do they usually offer the sign up for CC get companion pass offer or was that once in a lifetime offer they did earlier this year?
too lazy to google. what is the catch? I've been interested in getting a new CC...
jammer262
maroon10 said:

That was the only time it had been offered.
txags92
AG
We did the one early this year that was 30k and companion pass for the rest of the year if you spend 3k in the first 3 months. Will be using the companion pass several times this summer and fall that will end up being worth more than the extra 20-30k points they are offering now. I think all of their deals involve not getting the points until you spend a certain dollar value in the first 3 months. I am not sure if you get credit for balance transfers against that total...don't think so, but can't remember the fine print.
SbisaVictim95
AG
I don't think transfers count.

I got the same offer and it's spend $2000 within the first 3 months.
62strat
AG
I signed up for chase SW visa back in November and it was 60k. Technically it was 40k after $1k spend and then 20k after $12k spend. I hit $12k last month, so I just got my 60k last statement close.

So it's not the first time they had a 60k offer, but it is first time it was 60k in this format, single spend limit for all 60k points. The priority card had a 40/25 offer last year, giving you 65k points after spending $15k in first 12 months.

My wife did the 30k + companion pass earlier this year.

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/southwest-credit-card-bonus.php
Scroll down for offer history.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.