Long weekend trip ideas

1,724 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by breezecustomtravel
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I will be getting away from our little monsters all on our own in July for a 4 day weekend. This is the first time in over 6 months for us.

Here's what we need: somewhere within 3-4 hours flight, direct flight from IAH or HOU, preferably a resort type destination. Need the place to be nice and kid free. Can or can not be all inclusive. Budget is not a big concern. Suggestions?
The Anchor
AG
Lake Tahoe is what I would choose with those parameters. Although it doesn't really fit the resort or direct flight criteria. It's close to a direct flight to Reno.
BrokeAssAggie
Big Sur, CA and stay at the Post Ranch Inn https://www.postranchinn.com/
I Play With Guns
S
Azulik Resort & Mayan Spa

You're welcome!
Rice and Fries
Grand Caymans.

You don't have much (if any) time zone switch. Post up on the beach. Flight is 3 hours from IAH. Perfect water and sand.
txags92
AG
Not a good choice for a "long weekend" from Houston, since United only flies the non-stop on Saturday and it doesn't get in until about 4pm.
lil99chris
AG
....and the island pretty much shuts down on Sundays.
Furlock Bones
AG
Excellence Playa Mujeres

direct flight to Cancun. 35-40 minute ride to a beautiful kid free resort. decent food for an all inclusive.
reemus
I am fond of traveling and visiting new countries. Few weeks ago I went to one paradise called Azores islands. It sitiated near Carribean islands. So you need to visit it when you will have such opportunity. Plus I like yacht walkings. And I had one in Azores islands where I rented yacht on https://sailica.com/portugal/azores-islands
dcbowers
AG
Northern California.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-quintessential-california-road-only-better-11558701425
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
breezecustomtravel
AG
The Cancun/Riviera Maya area has some great resort options with a short direct flight from Houston.

UNICO is a new favorite and is absolutely stunning! The food was great and we loved the rooms.
Excellence Playa Mujeres is always a good choice. Any of the Secrets brand resorts are great, I'm partial to Secrets Maroma and Secrets Akumal just because they are newer.

Haven Resort & Spa is also a newer resort that just opened in October, have had some clients go and they loved it. Super close to the airport also, only about 15 minute transfer. Since it is new, they are still working out some kinks but it usually means you can get a really decent price for an all-inclusive.

The thing I would worry about a little is availability, some of these may already be booked up for the holiday weekend.

I'm happy to help if you have any questions!
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.