Cabo vs Belize for a destination wedding?

2,250 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TheClaw07
09Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My fianc and I are wanting to do a beach destination wedding, since our families/friends are already located in different countries (she's Canadian). We have tentatively narrowed it down to these 2 locations. Does anyone have experience or thoughts on the comparisons between these 2 places for a wedding? At first glance, it looks like flight times and flight expense would be very similar between the two. I like the idea of the adventurous/golf cart aspect of Ambergris Caye, but she likes the idea of a nice all inclusive resort. I admittedly haven't been to either place, so looking for any guidance.
10andBOUNCE
AG
No input on those places but we did a destination wedding as well. Really enjoyed it! Congrats.
Here4Beer
AG
Been to both and tbh you really can't go wrong. Personally, I like Belize more but for a wedding (assuming outdoors) I think Cabo would be ideal. Perfect weather almost always not to mention ease of travel, golf, bars and fishing. Luckily for you I think you'll both love wherever it takes place. Congratulations, marriage is truly one of the greatest gifts in life.
Mustang1
AG
I would consider ease of travel for your guests too. Direct flights would be nice.
breezecustomtravel
AG
My husband and I were married at Secrets Maroma Beach Resort in Riviera Maya/Cancun and it was wonderful. The wedding coordinators at the resort really went above and beyond for us and it turned out perfect for us. I know this is Cancun but after we were married there my best friend loved the destination wedding so much that her and boyfriend (at the time) decided that's what they wanted.

They were married at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos and it was amazing! Absolutely beautiful and the Secrets wedding staff knocked it out of the park again. They were married on the beach at sunset and it was gorgeous.

With the All-inclusive resorts there are certain wedding packages that are included with your stay. So, if you wanted smaller wedding with say 20 guests or so it would be included in that package. With our wedding, we had right at the minimum number of guests to fit in the smallest wedding package. Then, since we decided to stay there for our honeymoon over 5 nights they comped the price of the wedding package. Every resort is different and offers different things but they mostly revolve around how many guests book rooms and what kind of wedding package you want.

With our friends in Cabo, they had 10 guests extra from what their wedding package allowed so they had to pay extra for each guest for food and such. From what I remember it was not an outrageous amount.

I do not have any experience with any destination weddings in Belize; we have a few agents in my group that have quoted for weddings in Belize but they all said the couples usually would end up choosing Mexico or an all-inclusive resort somewhere else in the Caribbean that was easier to get to. Belize does have SOME all-inclusive resorts but not at many as Mexico/Caribbean. They have more boutique style resorts and hotels. They are all beautiful though! If you see a resort you like you could always ask about what kind of weddings they offer and what all it includes.

I would be happy to answer any other specific questions that you might have and I would be glad to send you pictures of our wedding or my friends wedding in Cabo. lauren at breezecustomtravel dot com
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
JMac03
AG
I would probably lean more towards Cabo, but that is because they have all-inclusive packages where Belize does not have the traditional AI. Please be aware if getting in the water is important to you (to swim) Cabo should be removed from your list as the beaches are not swimmable due to the currents.

Many resorts offer perks, such as free dinners or free cocktail parties, based on the number of guests you have attending/booked at their resort. Amenities, packages and prices vary per resort. I had Texags clients get married at the Hard Rock Puerto Vallarta and they loved it. I am now working with their family for a second wedding (different family member) at a location in Riviera Maya. Destination weddings are beautiful and a great way for all the family to get together and have a good time spread across multiple days.

If you have any questions on resorts or the process as a whole, feel free to email me. My email is in my profile.
jammer262
We go to Belize 4 times a year, own property there and will retire there someday. That being said we didn't get Married there. Cabo or the resorts on the Yucatn are much better at this. I've gone to 3 weddings at 3 different resorts in Cancun, and Maya Riviera and all 3 were great.
strohag
AG
I've been to all inclusive resorts in Cabo for a wedding. The guests have a blast. It's basically a vacation with a wedding to attend. You won't have to worry about rain in Cabo really either.
TheClaw07
AG
I've also been part of a wedding in Cabo as a guest. The all inclusive resort was great for the guests and the couple. The ceremony on the beach was beautiful and the couple has been back multiple times since their wedding. Personally, my wife and I got married in Vegas and it was awesome as well. Highly recommend smaller destination weddings!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.