Cooler, Driveable, Summer Getaway

1,066 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by malenurse
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My father has MS and the summer heat just wipes him out. He and my mom have considered buying a "vacation home" for them to travel to in July & August to get away from the heat. I've done a little research myself and it looks like the best options east are the Blue Ridge and surrounding mountains near Asheville, etc. West, I've looked at the mountains in New Mexico and they would fit the bill as well. I've been googling lots of monthly average high and lows.

They would VRBO it to be able to help pay for it but just breaking even would be fine. They wouldn't be in it as a business.

My thought was a property near skiing would be best because they would be able to lease it to the skiers, which they have no interest in.

Was curious to see what ideas you all may have.

We are located in northeast Texas near Longview for driving reference.
HHAG
AG
Cloudcroft, NM.
AustinCountyAg
Red River, NM
Austintm
Yeah -- NW New Mexico. Red River, Angel Fire, Taos, Sante Fe areas. Slightly shorter drive than Asheville and you get the ski rentals.
chick79
AG
I love Asheville. We were there last summer. But it's definiely not cool in the summer. Cooler than Texas for sure but it's still pretty damn warm with humidity.
irish pete ag06
AG
chick79 said:

I love Asheville. We were there last summer. But it's definiely not cool in the summer. Cooler than Texas for sure but it's still pretty damn warm with humidity.
Yeah, that's what I figured for late summer.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If his health is not great, just rent a place for a couple months each year. You won't make money on the vrbo and each time they go to use it there will be a laundry list of crap to work on so it will be rentable. You will save a bunch of money just renting someone elses place.
malenurse
AG
Michigan, UP
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.