Anguilla

1,348 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by gigemags2016
gigemags2016
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Currently planning to go to Cayman and stay at Kimpton but considering an audible to Anguilla. Would stay at Four Seasons (formerly Viceroy). Anyone been? Recs on hotels or island in general? Thanks!
breezecustomtravel
AG
We've had a few clients stay at Four Seasons when it was Viceroy and LOVED it. I haven't heard really too much negative after the Four Seasons take over.

I quote for Belmond Cap Juluca and Malliouhana Resort quite a bit. I personally haven't had clients go there but I've heard good things.

Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
Petrino1
I went to Anguilla a few years ago, I took a ferry from St Maarten. Ive been to most of the islands/beaches in the Caribbean and Anguilla has the best beaches I've ever seen. Shoal Bay Beach is one of the top ten beaches in the world, simply amazing how white the sand is. Elvis Beach bar is also a must do, seemed to be the most popular bar on the island. The Anguilla locals were some of the nicest people I've ever come across, especially in the caribbean.

Anguilla is more of a quiet, sleepy remote island compared to other islands in the Caribbean. There isn't much nightlife, or much going on, but if you like nice remote beaches and friendly people then Anguilla will be perfect!
01CivilAg
AG
ea1060 nailed it.

We visited in 2017. Took a ferry from SXM, and later flew to St. Barth for the second half of the vacation (2 completely different islands).

We stayed at Shoal Bay Villas, and will stay there again when Anguilla next comes up on the vacation radar.

Anguilla is tranquil, with just enough of beach shack parties if you want them, but also complete serenity. I hear that is slowly starting to change, so go now!

We have been up and down the leeward islands, and Anguilla is certainly in the top 3, if not number one for beautiful beaches, friendly locals, and some downtime.

My suggestion would be to rent a car. Anguilla is one of the few islands that offers some pretty good cuisine if that's your thing.
Ag with kids
AG
ea1060 said:

I went to Anguilla a few years ago, I took a ferry from St Maarten. Ive been to most of the islands/beaches in the Caribbean and Anguilla has the best beaches I've ever seen. Shoal Bay Beach is one of the top ten beaches in the world, simply amazing how white the sand is. Elvis Beach bar is also a must do, seemed to be the most popular bar on the island. The Anguilla locals were some of the nicest people I've ever come across, especially in the caribbean.

Anguilla is more of a quiet, sleepy remote island compared to other islands in the Caribbean. There isn't much nightlife, or much going on, but if you like nice remote beaches and friendly people then Anguilla will be perfect!

Last time we were on St Martin, we took a cab. Can driver was a St Martin local. He told us that, while St Martin beaches were nice, Anguilla was even nicer.

So...even the locals in the area agree....
Petrino1
01CivilAg said:

ea1060 nailed it.

We visited in 2017. Took a ferry from SXM, and later flew to St. Barth for the second half of the vacation (2 completely different islands).

We stayed at Shoal Bay Villas, and will stay there again when Anguilla next comes up on the vacation radar.

Anguilla is tranquil, with just enough of beach shack parties if you want them, but also complete serenity. I hear that is slowly starting to change, so go now!

We have been up and down the leeward islands, and Anguilla is certainly in the top 3, if not number one for beautiful beaches, friendly locals, and some downtime.

My suggestion would be to rent a car. Anguilla is one of the few islands that offers some pretty good cuisine if that's your thing.

I did something similar, I hit up st maarten then took a ferry to Anguilla. Then took a ferry back to St Maarten and a ferry to St Barth's! Very easy/cheap to move around by ferry and getting to experience all 3 different islands was very cool. They are all completely different, with their own unique flavor, vibe, people, nightlife, beaches etc. I loved St Barths as well. But Anguilla has the best beaches and definitely the most quiet island.

I think spending more than a few days in Anguilla might get a little boring, so my suggestion is to island hop and experience the other nearby islands.
Fall92
AG
I stayed at cap Juluca for a week one time. Great island although everything is expensive. Try also the Four seasons and Cuisinart or whatever it may be called now. We had a nice trip to Scilly Cay and snorkeled and had lobster on the beach. Highly recommend if that excursion is still around.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
gigemags2016
Really appreciate all the feedback. Just booked a flight and stay at Four Seasons Anguilla -- will report back in August. I think we'll also consider a ferry to St Maarten after reading these comments. Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.