Beaches Turks & Caicos

1,900 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag CPA
DiskoTroop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Leaving Monday!! Super excited! Anyone been there? Any "can't miss" items, activities, etc?
KW02
AG
Beaches - No.
T&C - Yes.

Take a boat over to Half Moon Bay. Snorkel trips are not that great but they go there. Would have preferred to just have gone there. Plenty of excellent places to eat but you are at Beaches.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Both. It's fine, you will be sick of the food before you leave but AI saves you a ton in T&C. Bring your yeti cup they will fill it. Spend atleast 1 day off Grace Bay on Taylor Bay or Sapodilla Bay. Other than the beach, T&C looks like Odessa. A case of Coors Light at the IGA is 96 dollars

The conch shack is gimmicky but a good break, there is a good local festival every thurs called the fish fry
mh86Ag
AG
Our family loves going to Beaches Turks & Caicos! The property is huge with many activities and restaurants throughout the resort. There is a sushi restaurant in the middle of the resort near the spa and we always eat there as a "pre-dinner". All of the restaurants are great, but there are two (hibachi and one in the french village) that you need to have a reservation for.

We always enjoy setting up at the beach near the volleyball courts and going to the waterpark. As mentioned above, you can bring yeti cups and they will fill them with whatever drink you like!

For night time activities, there is karaoke at the pub that is always a blast.
KW02
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

A case of Coors Light at the IGA is 96 dollars

Prices must have gone down (or up). A case was $63 last year but if you want Corona it's 70.
DiskoTroop
Awesome info! Thanks all! Leave Monday so I'm excited!
DiskoTroop
Thanks for the info y'all. Got back Sunday and had a very nice time. I'll post this for others looking for another opinion. This is what I told another Texag in person last night...

Alright man official opinion of the Beaches Turks and Caicos experience was over all a solid 8/10. The accommodations were quite nice and all you might need (7.5/10), food (once you found the restaurants you liked) was just fine (8/10), alcohol was everywhere obviously but they poured weak and with local well brands unless told otherwise. You had to specify your brand and probably double your normal pours in order to get a legitimate strength drink. Once you figured that out, alcohol was 8/10. We had a 7 and 9 year old with us and kids activities and accommodations were outstanding. 9/10 easily. Beaches caters to kids and people with special needs and has a lot of disable accessible areas, staff dedicated to helping families navigate and manage kids and a while concierge desk to help deal with food allergies. My wife is allergic to avocado so that was pretty nice for us to be able to go to Mexican inspire places and sushi places where avocado would normally be everywhere and know we were safe.

Over all a very nice experience especially for a single family of 4-5. With a larger group it can get a little more hectic making plans for dinner and trying to coordinate activities. But for you and the family you'd have an absolute blast.

Highly recommend. Turks as a country was very comfortable to get around in. Beaches picked you up and dropped you off at the airport so no responsibility for getting yourself anywhere. It's no what I'd call a first world country but it feels perfectly safe driving through it which is more than I can say for areas of Mexico and Jamaica I've been to.
Ag CPA
AG
We went 3-4 years ago when our kids were in elementary and I agree 100% with your review. There's a beating you have to deal with at a huge AI (food, crowds, lack of attention to the details that a nice resort down the beach tends to), but overall it is worth a trip if you have young kids. Beach is amazing, bottomless Makers and Diet (you heard that right snobs) and different areas, each with a different vibe pending on what/who you want to be around. We hung out in the "Key West" area most of the time because it was low-key, but right next door was the "Italian" area which was nuts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.