Ohio

928 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tom Scholz
ag97tx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anybody been to Cedar Point amusement park? My kids are 12 and 14 and heard that it has a ton of roller coasters. Is it worth going to?

And what else is there to do in Ohio?
jakal0722
Cedar Point is an amazing place for coasters! Definitely a must for coaster enthusiasts. Kings Island in Cincy is pretty good as well.

What else are y'all interested in? Cincy, Columbus and Cleveland have a lot to do. If warm, the Lake Erie shoreline has some neat places.
ag97tx
AG
We would be going in July so Weather should be warm and we would be there for a week. My 12 year old daughter is a huge Browns fan because of Myles Garrett and the adrenaline junkie for roller coasters. She is the one that really wants to go thete.

What are some must do tourist things that we shouldn't miss?

Intersted in seeing things we can't see in Houston. Interested in history and want a little down time too if there are any scenic areas. Not really interested in zoos, childrens museums, or restaurants.
jakal0722
End of July is Browns training camp in Cleveland and it should be electric this year! My sister and I hit up Cedar Point for the same reason. I would probably aim for a mid-week day for coasters. Kings Island is a sister park and I know last year you could get a pretty good deal for both of them.

July is a great time in Ohio. Weather is awesome and there are festivals everywhere. https://ohiofestivals.net/ohio-festivals/

Put-in-bay is a fun area to take a free out to near Sandusky. More adult party atmosphere. Kelley's Island is similar but slower and family camping atmosphere. Great views of the lake. Cuyahoga Valley National Park (southeast of Cleveland) is gorgeous as is Hocking Hills State Park (east of Columbus).

If into baseball both the Reds and Indians have fantastic parks with some very loyal fans.

Cleveland - Christmas Story house is a fun tour, Rock & Roll HOF is fun too. Westside Market is also enjoyable. Avoid Football HOF, it suuuuucks.

Columbus is very much a food town. It has one of the best zoos in the nation (though those don't seem of interest). Also have quite a few family friendly barcade locations which are lots of fun for a relaxing time. I'm in Columbus and frequent the museums but they aren't geared for teenagers.

Cincy has an amazing art museum that is free and the park it is in is up on a hill overlooking the Ohio river.

Dayton has the Air Force Museum which is fantastic.

Mansfield had the Ohio State Reformatory which I've heard great things about. Popular with ghost tourism.

BQ2001
AG
We used to go to CP a lot and best thing we did was stay at one of their hotels and get in early at the back of the park. We could hit up a couple big rides before the main opening and didn't have to wait in the 3 hour lines.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
My best memories as a kid were visiting family in Ohio and going to cedar point. That place is awesome and worth a visit for kids the age yours are.

What the poster above suggested about staying in one of the on-property hotels is a fantastic time. I realize it's Lake Erie but take advantage of the beach as well.

Try to go to the park on a Tuesday of a non-holiday week. It will get crowded but it won't be as bad. Be sure to go back into the park at/after sunset and go ride the millennium force at that time. Absolutely bonkers super cool and a great view too.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.