Park City

2,834 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BoDog
bucky91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Places to eat and things to do? Going with a few families with kids. Will ski a few days. What to do on day off? Favorite restaraunts?
mrsbeer05
AG
Go tubing, it's only about 15 min from Park City. Both the 6 and 2.5 year olds and their grandparents loved it! The Bridge is a great breakfast place at the bottom of a lift in Park City, very close to parking
Nickw8586
Go up to the Olympic jump center and watch the jumpers train or go ride the bobsled or luge. Park City is fantastic skiing and a great town.
texas_ute
AG
Restaurant recs will depend on what area you are staying- near Main Street? At Park City base? Canyons base? Also what age range are the kids?
Agree w snow tubing/sledding and the Olympic Park for non-ski days.
aggiesarah2004
AG
Following this as we'll be staying at the Wyndham Park City with 4 adults and 4 kids in December. All beginner skiers so will probably be looking for other activities close by.
aggieswmr04
If you have a car and can drive the Ice castles in Midway/Heber are nice from what I have been told (made arrangements for my boss who lives there now but have never experienced them).

Heber also has a railroad that runs during Christmas time for those asking. Perhaps during the spring as well.

The library on Park Ave looked pretty neat with lots of different activities going on.

Those staying at Wyndham, they should give you a booklet with coupons for restaurants. I've been to quite a few of those and they are all good.
SkiMo
AG
Also whatever restaurants you plan to go to make sure they aren't considered "Bars". These crazy mormons have now decided that you have to classify your establishment as either a bar or a restaurant. And if it's a bar, no children allowed. Not even infants. For example, one of my favorite places on main street is No Name Saloon. But you can't go without a babysitter.

Edit: I will also add that you might wanna come sooner than later. Park City is lower elevation and once spring starts to set in all the white stuff melts much faster than the resorts up in the Cottonwood Canyons and all the Colorado resorts. And down in SLC we're in the high 50s already and PC is highs in the 40s all week. It will be like skiing on concrete in the mornings until it gets warm enough to start skiing on slushies.
Phat32
AG
Any tips for a fall visit? Looking for good restaurants, activities and hikes if anyone has any in their pocket.
TxAg20
AG
Riverhorse or 350 Main for a nice meal
The Eating Establishment (on Main) or Squatters for something casual

I haven't been in the fall, but there are many good hikes in Big Cottonwood Canyon if Guardsman Pass is still open. If you don't mind hiking on multi-use (mainly mountain bikes) trails, there are plenty of hikes starting right at the base of PCMR and Deer Valley

If you do drive Guardsman Pass, drop into Midway as there are couple of good restaurants there, plus it's a cool drive.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
We did an early fall trip with a dozen families. Rented two big houses. Had a ton of kids, so hikes were on the easy side. Like Silver Lake loop over Guardsman pass, saw a moose that the kids loved. Didn't eat out a ton. Had Main Street Pizza and Noodle, a terrible Mexican joint at PCMR, and then lunch at the Canyon resort.
TexasAg93
AG
TxAg20 made good recommendations. I would also recommend eating outside at Grappa if the weather doesn't get too cold. Snow is likely over the next week and may be relatively significant in higher elevations. That may impact access and hiking up on Guardsman Pass.

Stay away from the Mexican food places. There may be a good one somewhere, but have not found one yet.
BoDog
AG
Yes, I agree the Mexican is horrible but what do you expect in Utah...?

I know this is weird but try to do the PC Ghost tour on Main. Being a former mining town their are a ton of haunted establishments.
CDub06
AG
I've surprisingly found a number of good Mexican spots in Utah. LDS brings in some authentic Mexicans that know how to cook!
TexasAg93
AG
If you know of one in Park City or Midway, please share? Can have Mexican Food withdrawals when there.
BoDog
AG
DO NOT go to Tekila on Main St.
TexasAg93
AG
I made the mistake of trying Tekila this summer. Never again.
Phat32
AG
Any must-do's this time of year?
BoDog
AG
ATVs and hot air balloon rides seem popular now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.