Hot Springs

1,342 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by thisguy05
TxAggieGirl08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Husband and I were thinking of doing a long weekend trip to Hot Springs without the kids in April. Any suggestions on where to stay/things to do? We'll be driving from the Dallas area.
AggieCrew2002
Embassy Suites or the Arlington

You can fly to Hot Springs from DFW for real cheap on Southern Airways Express Cessna Grand Caeavan. Just did it last month.

Fly out of DFW corporate aviation. No TSA
88Warrior
Embassy Suites...Grab a pizza and cold beer at Rocky's Corner..Outstanding..
amanda04
AG
We did a Northwest Arkansas trip so we weren't in Hot Springs very long but we really enjoyed the National Park there. It's in one of the old bathhouses and is essentially a museum about the bathhouse heyday in Hot Springs. We also visited Superior Bathhouse Brewery for food and beer and it was pretty good.

We stayed in one of the historic rooms at the Arlington that still pumped in the Hot Springs water into the tub. The room was outdated and in the middle of summer, had mosquito hawks hanging out at the top of the 10 or 12 foot ceiling but the bath was amazing. It was like soaking in a premade epsom salt bath without the grittiness.

There's lots of cute shops along Bathhouse row, my favorite was an olive oil shop called evil.o (olive backwards) and there is at least one fountain where, if you bring your own container, you can have free water from the hot springs (and it is HOT).

If you have time on your way up or down, we were really enjoyed the zoo in Little Rock too!
Wicked Good Ag
Are you a golfer ?? The Village area of Hot Springs has some great affordable courses.
I think that hot springs is the worst of the National Park system but Lake Quatchita is excellent area and some of the state parks in the day trip area are very good.
NW ARKANSAS is a bit better but you can find some things to do. Our favorite place to eat for good Italian food at reasonable prices is Italian House Grill outside the main gate to the Village
713nervy
AG
I lived there for a year of my life and the only thing I can remember is playing hopscotch in the driveway. Pretty sure we celebrated my birthday at McDonald's that year.

Welp! Enjoy your trip!
thisguy05
AG
Eat at Rolando's!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.