Cali in July

1,258 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Punked Shank
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are doing the PCH trip with kids at the beginning of July
We have an open law tickets to San Fran on July 1st and leave San Diego on the 15th

I was wanting help with a plan of attack to do as much as possible while trying to stay within a decent budget.

Tentative schedule is as follows

Arrive San Fran July 1st

Go to Yosemite for three days
do they do a 4th of July firework show near the national park?
what hikes are best suited for kids aged 9,12 and 15 along with us and oldest daughter and her boyfriend?
what lodging can we expect to get this late?

Back to SF
Night at Alcatraz
SF Giants game which would have to be the 5th or 6th of July
Muir Woods
Bike the Golden Gate Bridge
Lombard Street/ Cable cars
May take a day at Napa while older daughter takes them around SF
what other activities would be good? Wife and I have been a couple of times.

Down the Coast we want to do the following

Hearst Castle
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Solvang Danish town
17 Mile Drive/ Carmel

We will be at Disneyland for 2-3 days and hope to try and get it mid week rather than a weekend

Griffin Observatory
Hollywood sign
Hit up the beach somewhere in LA area for surfing lessons and a day or two to relax

Drive down to San Diego

USS Midway for sure and possible Padres game (we went to SD last year so we have done a lot of things in that area already but may want to do some again)

Any suggestions as to the day to day plan or anything we need to do not on the list?
We have Six Flags passes if we want a half day at one of those

recs on places to eat that are kid friendly not break the budget and also maybe a place or two for just the wife and I because we might have my aunt in Manhattan Beach area to stay and maybe babysit a night

If any ideas we missed especially hike nature we would welcome suggestions

Punked Shank
AG
On the way to SD...

Stop in laguna. Beautiful beaches..

The zoo for kids is always good as well. There is a safari park ran by rhe zoo a little further east that is awesome as well.
montejr
AG
Thousand Steps Beach in Laguna is a great call!
Punked Shank
AG
Not sure of your route but also try to hike one of the redwood national forests around SF or SC. I surfed and hiked same day in santa cruz last year for my birthday and it was an awesome day. Really enjoyed seeing redwood trees for the first time

Santa Cruz is a great stop because of redwoods meeting right up to the beach. Theres a few natl and state parks in that area. Theres also the santa Cruz boardwalk.

Recommend a stop around santa cruz.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.