Mobile, AL Tunnel

1,628 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Leander - Ag
lctag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this has been beaten to death, but I did not see a previous thread that was focused on Sunday and/or spring break. The other threads I read seem to agree that traffic really sucks in the summer, and to either get there really early or late.

So if we are driving from Houston to Okaloosa Island the Sunday before spring break should I expect heavy traffic? It should still be a little cool, so maybe not too much traffic (I hope)?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Yes, it will suck just like the summer. Lots of people on Spring Break at the same time heading that way.
lctag
AG
Thanks. I was hoping that maybe we'd avoid the gridlock by driving in on a Sunday (instead of a Saturday). But it sounds like there is simply no way to avoid the misery. I'll prepare for the suck.
TXTransplant
K-12 spring breaks in MS, AL, and LA are typically scheduled around Easter rather than in early March, so you might get a little lucky there.
Ham Slice MRE
AG
If traffic is heavy, take one of the exits for downtown Mobile and take the alternate tunnel. Stop and eat at Wintzell's Oyster House as a bonus. The alternate spits you right back onto I-10.
Aggie
AG
Have traveled that road over 40 times all in summer at all times day and have never encountered any major delays
easttexasaggie04
AG
We drive that way a couple of times per year going to Orlando. I've never had any issues. We'll be going in 10 days. Will report back.
Leander - Ag
AG
its the worst in the summer. hate that tunnel!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.