WEEKEND GETAWAY

1,850 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by theeyetest
theeyetest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife and I never got a chance to celebrate our marriage by going on a honeymoon as we had a 4 month old baby to take care of. After, being married for 5 years, life has happened and we've still yet to get away by ourselves. Finally, the time has come and all the pieces are in place for us to get away, just us two, for a much needed getaway.

We're looking for ideas to help us decide where to go! We only will have Friday, Saturday, and will be coming back Sunday. We're not on a budget, so price really doesn't matter to us. It doesn't have to be local to where we live (DFW) or even in Texas.

Some friends have mentioned Vegas, which is okay with me. However, my wife was kind of leaning towards a more sentimental and intimate trip. Any advise or past trip experiences or recommendations would be awesome! Help us out, Ags!
tsuag10
AG
Are you wanting to go ASAP or do you have a certain time of year in mind?
theeyetest
tsuag10 said:

Are you wanting to go ASAP or do you have a certain time of year in mind?
Next weekend (2/22-2/24)
Ag CPA
AG
I'll throw out Cancun for a long weekend, two hour flight from DFW and there are a lot flights so you can stretch out the weekend, maybe even leave late Thursday night.
DD88
AG
Find a Bed & Breakfast that you both like.

http://www.bnblist.com/texas-bed-and-breakfast-directory/index.htm
The Lost
I'd search on google flights using their map of the us to see which areas were reasonable and spark ideas from that.
Wicked Good Ag
What do you like to do?? This might be the most important question needed to be asked
JMac03
AG
A quick and easy getaway could be something like the JW Marriott in San Antonio. Always one of our favorites for a quick getaway without having to fly.
stardustag
AG
oh man, what a good problem to have... and since you don't have any direction... i would suggest you just google "last minute travel deal", and you'll find tons of random really cheap trips... and pick from listings on reputable websites (such as Expedia for example). You can literally find plenty of things as cheap as $400 or less out of pocket.
oldag941
AG
Santa Fe NM direct from DFW.
theeyetest
Update: We jaunted away to Fredricksburg, TX for a quick weekend get away. We stayed in a secluded cabin about 8 miles outside of downtown. There was an awesome cafe by our cabin, Alamo Springs Cafe, where there was plenty of cold beer, AMAZING burgers, and live music both nights.

Fredricksburg is now a mainstay vacation spot for us for a quick get away. 10/10 would recommend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.