New Lake Tahoe Thread

1,377 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by arrow
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a really good thread with lots of good info, but I wanted to start a new one to see if it could get a little more recent traffic. Wife and I are going to be there in late July for 4 nights.

I have Hyatt points so right now the plan is to do 2 nights at the Hyatt on the north side of the lake. Anyone ever stayed here?

The next 2 nights we plan on staying in a VRBO on south side of the lake. Anyone have any places they recommend staying?

Thanks in advance!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Did you deem the info in the other thread to be too outdated or what?

Here's some fresh Lake Tahoe info that will be completely irrelevant for your situation, but it is fresh.

Two weeks ago, my trip from Lake Tahoe to the Bay Area was delayed by almost 3 hours while the one guy checked the snow tires and snow chains on every car. Ugh!

That was better than two years ago when it took me 10 hours to drive 9 miles trying to leave Tahoe with the Chain Law in effect.
FrontPorchAg
Here is a fresh update on Tahoe:

https://instagr.am/p/Bt9WFtFFFwj
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
HollywoodBQ
AG
That was an insane amount of snow.
irish pete ag06
AG
Mtn_Guide said:

Here is a fresh update on Tahoe:

https://instagr.am/p/Bt9WFtFFFwj
maroon10
AG
Going end of March, hoping snow is good enough for one day!
dcAg
OP,
If you are staying at the Hyatt go on an evening catamaran booze cruise. Dress warm because it gets cold out on the lake at night.

Kings Beach is a good place to hang out during the day and has a number of places to drink and eat but Hyatt does have their own beach, just not all the stuff around it.
irish pete ag06
AG
dcAg said:

OP,
If you are staying at the Hyatt go on an evening catamaran booze cruise. Dress warm because it gets cold out on the lake at night.

Kings Beach is a good place to hang out during the day and has a number of places to drink and eat but Hyatt does have their own beach, just not all the stuff around it.

Awesome, thanks for the rec.
arrow
AG
I just got back from a stay at the Lodge at Edgewood. I didn't know at the time of booking, but the resort is not quite two years old. The property was beautiful. Every room has a fireplace which was a nice touch for a short romantic stay. The guys working the Ski Valet were great. Shuttles run approximately every 1/2 hour to the Heavenly Gondala and/or the California Lodge.

The Edgewood restaurant has an okay view...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.