Headed to Vancouver in June - share some recs

1,157 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Big Al 1992
Wiggletrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am taking the wife, our 4 year old boy and 3 year old little girl to Vancouver for a week in June. We've got all of the big stuff scheduled (Granville Island, Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Horseshoe Bay, Shannon Falls, Gondola ride, Britannia Mine Museum, Whale watch, Stanley Park, Aquarium, Science World), but would like to get some insights from those that have been to Vancouver before of MUST SEES/EAT/etc.

If anyone has some general suggestions, I would be greatly appreciative.

We'd especially like some restaurant recommendations. Our kids are adventurous eaters, so we don't have to stick to "kid friendly." I understand there are some great places to eat there. We plan to have a nanny/sitter come one night so that the Mrs. and I can have a nice dinner as well.

Thanks in advance.
DD88
AG
Butchart Gardens was well worth it if you take the ferry to Vancouver Island.

https://www.butchartgardens.com/
Kool
AG
Beautiful city. I hope the weather is good for you. Try to get a window seat at the tea house in Stanley Park if you're there around lunchtime . The food isn't so special, but the view is.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SbisaVictim95
AG
Following! I'll be there for a night at the end of an Alaskan cruise in September. We're staying near Stanley Park at the Westin Bayshore for reference if anyone has rec's.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
try to find a restaurant serving Indonesian Rijsttafel ( rice table ) ! 10-12 dishes ! We had it there but cant remember the name.
Wicki shows several Indonesian place serving rijsttafel .
wcb
AG
Rent a car and drive up to Whistler. Stop and see the Boxcars and Bridges along the way. My kids loved it.
Big Al 1992
AG
Second drive to Whistler. Sea to Sky Road is fantastic. Several great waterfalls along the way. And you're in serious black bear country. Kids would love the peak to peak gondola but may be too snowy.
The touristy stuff gets crazy crowded. Get to Grouse and Capilano super early or late in the day - before the cruise ships get in and out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.