What to do on a Rainy day at Disneyland?

1,554 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by longeryak
Quito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're going to be at the Grand Californian this Tuesday-Sat. (Wife and 3 kids 7,5,5)

Wednesday forecast is 100% rain. Anybody know what we can do on a rainy day at Disneyland?
TXTransplant
Buy ponchos and enjoy yourself.

Ride Spash Mountain and Grizzly River Run as much as you want, since you'll be wet either way.
smc05
Just get some rain gear and lean into it!
longeryak
Agree. Take rain gear and enjoy low crowds. Radiator Springs Racers is the only ride that is affected by rain.
SoCalTexAg
AG
Not a huge Disneyland guy, but living in SoCal affords me ample opportunity to visit the Magic Kingdom from time to time. The best visit I ever had was a rainy day with lower attendance. On that visit there were many rides where there were no lines. We'd ride the ride and be on the same ride again within 5 minutes. Go prepared and enjoy.
bam02
AG
This thread just reminded me to order a pack of disposable ponchos for our upcoming Disney World trip. Family pack of 20 is $16 on Amazon. Should be handy to have.
Quito
AG
Update

Today was great. Sprinkled off and on throughout the day. Barely any lines at all...didn't even need to use fast pass.

Expected to rain overnight and tomorrow morning. Thinking we'll see how hard it's raining and then go from there.
JMac03
AG
bam02 said:

This thread just reminded me to order a pack of disposable ponchos for our upcoming Disney World trip. Family pack of 20 is $16 on Amazon. Should be handy to have.
Def helps make a difference. If you are doing a stroller or anything else, buy cheapo flip flops so you can have those too. That's the worst part about being wet, is wet feet. But it does help keep the crowds away!
LRHF
AG
Snow White!
longeryak
bam02 said:

Good idea. Disney recently doubled the price on what used to their $6.95 ponchos.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.