Disneyland in One Day (no kids)

2,403 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gomer95
smc05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm tagging along on my husband's work trip to Huntington Beach in April and I'm planning on going to Disneyland for a day on my own. Does anyone have any tips on fitting it all in on one day? Is it feasible to do both parks? I'm not planning on any sit down meals, just snacks. I've only been to Disney World.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I recommend California Adventure for anybody over age 4.
I would only attempt one park per day.
If you really want to go to Disneyland for sentimentality, I would just do that - teacups, Space Mountain, etc.
TXTransplant
Have you been to Disney World? I think you could do it. Start out at CA Adventure and focus on CarsLand (you could easily spend all day here, but you don't have that kind of time). Take advantage of the single rider line to get a couple of laps in on Radiator Springs Racers with a short wait (it's worth more than one ride). And then just wander around and enjoy the theming. CarsLand is some of Disney's best work.

Tower of Terror at DL has been converted to a Guarduans of the Galaxy theme. I thought it was meh. Soarin' has a different video, but the experience is pretty much the sane as EPCOT. Toy Story Midway Mania also about the same. The raft ride with the national park them (grizzly something) is supposed to be a lot better than the raft ride at Animal Kingdom, but we skipped it because we didn't want to be all wet.

After CarsLand, head over to MK. Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion are different enough that they are worth a ride. I didn't care for the Matterhorn (too jerky), but it's another oroginal that's with a ride. Space Mountain is different from WDW, and there are some nostalgic dark rides that are fun (Alice in Wonderland, Mr Toad's Wild Ride). I also enjoyed It's a Small World, the storybook boats, and the 20,000 Leagues conversion to Finding Nemo. I'm not sure if Thunder Mountain is the same or different because it was closed for refurbishment, but it's always worth a ride. Indiana Jones is also a unique ride and fun experience that's not at WDW.

Sleepy Beauty Castle is underwhelming in scale, but there is a walk through that is cute. I appreciated it as being the OG of Disney and Walt's vision.

Then head back to CA for the Colors of Wonder show. If you're there at a busy time, you'll want to pick up a fast pass first thing in the morning so that you get a decent viewing spot.
Matsui
AG
Two small parks just went last month. I'd also recommend Cali adventure. Get there early and can do the entire park pretty quick. If you are dead set on both but park hopper and do both. They are doable in 1 day.
JMac03
AG
If you are going in non-peak times I do think highlights of both parks are doable, especially if you aren't having to tote kids around, etc.
hds
AG
I went last November by myself. I had fun and was there from rope drop 8am-11pm. I also added the MaxPass for $10. Totally worth it to me to use FastPass from phone and free photo downloads. My ticket was a park hopper so visited both in one day. I've been several times so know the park. You will have fun!
JMac03
AG
I also have to add - I went to Universal Studios 2 years ago all by myself. It was glorious. My mom asked if I felt guilty not having the kids.

Ummm no. I got to do what I want, when I wanted. I got to get in the single car rider line and essentially walk on to every ride. I didn't have to hear "I'm tired, my legs hurt, I have to go to the bathroom". It was amazing. And I would do it all over again.
lil99chris
AG
Be sure to get the MaxPass. It is now $15.

smc05
I'm not feeling guilty either! We have four kids and I don't see us ever making taking them to either Disney property a budget priority. My husband is also not into theme parks so this might be the only way I ever get to see Disneyland. I'm looking forward to being able to be focused and speedy all on my own.

Has anyone been in April and found it overly crowded with the Spring Break crowd? It isn't the weeks around Easter.
JMac03
AG
This is from Undercover tourist on when not to visit. If I know more when you are going I can look at a website that I pay a subscription to that has daily estimated info.

• Spring break and Easter - March 9-April 15, April 19-22 (elevated crowds March 9-April 22, 2019)*
smc05
April 9 or 10th. Looks like I'll still be in the spring break crowd.
Matsui
AG
The single rider line is epic at those parks. I don't get why more don't just do it.
JMac03
AG
smc05 said:

April 9 or 10th. Looks like I'll still be in the spring break crowd.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
High: 72F Low: 51F (Powered by Dark Sky)

Across All Disneyland Theme Parks
  • Crowd Level: 7 out of 10
  • 1-Day Ticket: Peak - $149.00 per Adult; $141.00 per Child
Disneyland
Disney California Adventure
  • Park Hours unreleased; these are predicted hours and schedules:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

High: 72F Low: 51F (Powered by Dark Sky)

Across All Disneyland Theme Parks
  • 1-Day Ticket: Peak - $149.00 per Adult; $141.00 per Child
Disneyland
Disney California Adventure

smc05
Thank you so much! That is helpful info. I'm hoping to take advantage of the single rider line for sure.
JMac03
AG
smc05 said:

Thank you so much! That is helpful info. I'm hoping to take advantage of the single rider line for sure.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneylandcalifornia/disneyland-as-a-single-rider/
hds
AG
Be sure to get the Park Hopper ticket so can go to California Adventure and Disneyland. At CA CarsLand is really cool and there are a few other rides there too. Pay attention to park hours as CA usually closes earlier and if have hopper you can go back to Disneyland.

Single rider line is great especially for Cars Land and Matterhorn.

If you do the MaxPass be sure to have the app downloaded and ticket scanned so all you have to do is pay once in park. You can't buy it until you are past the ticket scanner but it is so easy if all the above is ready to go. You can also use the PhotoPass for free to download photos from rides with cameras or park photographers. I did it and it was fun to have photos of me doing what I wanted. People thought I was crazy to go alone but as someone said above it was a fun day of no whining or complaining.

I took a back up battery to charge my phone because I wasn't sure how fast battery would go using MaxPass. It was small and fit in my pocket so wasn't a big deal.

And have a Dole Whip float or three!
Quito
AG
This is great stuff!

I'm going to be at the Grand Californian this Tuesday-Sat.

Wednesday forecast is 100% rain. Anybody know what we can do on a rainy day at Disneyland?
JMac03
AG
Quito said:

This is great stuff!

I'm going to be at the Grand Californian this Tuesday-Sat.

Wednesday forecast is 100% rain. Anybody know what we can do on a rainy day at Disneyland?
You can ride more rides as some people will choose to stay home.
Gomer95
AG
I'm going next week and this is helpful. Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.