Rio Suggestions

471 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TXCityAggie
TXCityAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be in Rio for a week this summer for the Copa America Final. I've already secured an Airbnb, but I'm looking for suggestions for places to eat, things that shouldn't be missed (beyond the obvious). Any good day trips?
TXCityAggie
AG
I'm bumping this because I'm leaving in a few weeks. Any Rio recommendations?
Petrino1
Do the typical tourist things: Christ the redeemer statue, sugarloaf mountain, selaron steps, visit the main soccer stadium. Copacabana beach is great but can be overrun by tourists and trashy locals. Leblon and ipanema beach aren't as crowded, are a little more upscale, and have a better crowd. I prefer ipanema beach out of all of them.

Churrascaria palace for the typical Brazilian steakhouse experience. Marius Degustare for endless seafood and steaks, it's the #1 restaurant in Rio. Those are the best restaurants I've ever been to in my life and I always go there whenever I'm in Rio. The steaks at churrascaria palace and Marius are simply unreal.

If you want some nightlife go to lapa, it's a few blocks of bars and clubs. It can get crazy, people dancing and drinking on the streets, but it's a lot of fun.

You will love Rio, and use common sense when walking around. I never felt unsafe but I had a Brazilian girlfriend showing me around. There's a bigger police presence now and you shouldn't have any issues, but you still hear stories of tourists getting robbed. If you see a group of little black kids/teens running around, walk the other way because they'll likely try to rob you.
Petrino1
Also can't go wrong with strolling down copacabana beach and getting caipirinhas at whatever drink stand is nearest. The Skoal kiosks on the sidewalks are also good spots to eat and drink and listen to live musoc and people watch.
TXCityAggie
AG
Thanks everyone!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.