Business Credit Cards/Points Questions

1,317 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by culdeus
clinte234
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've appreciated reading several credit card/points/miles threads on here over the years.

Couple of questions specific to my current situation...

We are taking over a small business in January and want to have a credit card specifically for the business. We currently have a United specific miles credit card through Chase. We would like for our new card to gain points/miles that can be redeemed on any airline so that we are not always having to fly United.

We usually fly out of IAH or AUS. I've narrowed it down to the Chase Ink Business Preferred and the Capital One Spark Miles or Miles Select.

Chase Ink

Capital One Spark

Any specific experience with any of these options or do you know of something better out there that I am leaving out?

Thanks!
culdeus
AG
The Chase Ink Preferred has by far the largest signup bonus. It's ongoing spend earning is maybe not that strong, but you can't get a bigger initial bonus for a card anywhere.

Pairing the Ink Preferred with the Ink Cash covers most all possible expenses.

Bigtime churners that just get cards for a "business" usually end up getting at least 2 CIP cards for the bonus, I'm on my 3rd in a year.

If you feel like being a bro, use my signup bonus.

Earn 80,000 bonus points with Chase Ink Business Preferred. I can be rewarded, learn more.

https://www.referyourchasecard.com/21/0K64SX3MDM

Cyprian
AG
I'd stick with chase. Nice airline transfer partners that should be easy to take advantage out of both airports. They have several nice small business cards to choose from.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Cyprian
AG
culdeus said:

I'm on my 3rd in a year.

Under the same name? I got one with SSN, another with EIN. Working on my wife's side now.

-------------
culdeus
AG
Yeah doing SSN and EIN for both me and P2.

I actually pulled the mythical 120k paper app on my EIN.
Ovalo
AG
I've had a Chase business card for years and several of my employees also have my company card. It's a great card and I like United.

Recently, I got a business AMEX Platinum with 100 K bonus. It has a lot of intl. transfer airlines. If you think you'll travel overseas very much, you might give it some consideration. FYI, I just booked a RTW ticket with ANA for 125K plus $840 each, in business. To me, that's the best ever award ticket out there. Also, they give a point and a half for each dollar spent on transactions over $5k and for me, that makes a big difference. Also, you can transfer points to Alaska and use them to fly AA. There is a work around and can also use them for Delta flights.

Good luck and happy "churn and burn".
Cyprian
AG
culdeus said:

Yeah doing SSN and EIN for both me and P2.

I actually pulled the mythical 120k paper app on my EIN.

Ok cool, nice. I saw those 120k ones on reddit - churning, but I think it is dead now. I'm happy with the 80k and a 20k self- referral per card at any rate.

-------------
clinte234
AG
Thanks for the help!

Going to go with the Ink Preferred...culdeus...we will try to use your link when we apply.
culdeus
AG
clinte234 said:

Thanks for the help!

Going to go with the Ink Preferred...culdeus...we will try to use your link when we apply.
Appreciate it.

Make sure if you do start down the chase path to maximize your personal cards as well. You can get an additional 25% bonus on what you get here with a concurrently held Sapphire Reserve personal card, for example.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.