Phoenix/Scottsdale in January

2,036 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big Al 1992
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heading to Phoenix for the first time next month. I've jotted down a few things to do. Little Miss Barbecue has long been on my to do list. But can y'all help me out with some Must Dos in the Phoenix area?

One specific request: I'm expected to put together some company dinners for about 10-12 people. I'm looking for trendy with some atmosphere, but not white tablecloth, stuffy type dining. Any suggestions in that regard?
TXTransplant
We went to the Desert Botanical Garden and saw the Electric Desert installation. It was pretty amazing and unique. I'd def recommend that.
BQ2001
AG
http://www.durantsaz.com
Bachelor99
AG
i hear there is a pizza joint thats suppose to be top notch....pizzeria bianco?
beachfront71
AG

I'm there every week now.. Bourbon and Bones is great.
girlgolfer12
It's awesome! I was there last week.
Pahdz
Barrett Jackson auction if you're there that week and are into cars
CDub06
AG
Thanks for the feedback. Any other dinner recommendations for my group?
Aries
Went to Phoenix last February. We loved The Arrogant Butcher in downtown. Went back a second night just for the peanut butter cup mouse.

The Botanical Gardens is awesome.
CDub06
AG
I've been looking at the arrogant butcher. Menu looks awesome. But I'm unsure of the atmosphere from the pictures. How is it?
Aries
Upper scale casual. Most people were in jeans & nice shirts. Fun place. I think for a group dinner with good food, it would be perfect.
lazuras_dc
AG
Figured I'd revive this thread- might be doing Scottsdale in february- Enjoy outdoorsy things like hiking (not sure how weather will be). Restaurant recs above look great. Anything else to consider doing?
mpl35
AG
Weather is usually nice in February. highs around 70. lows 40.

You can either pick one of the many preserves/parks in the city to hike like Camel back, or get out of town.

Came Back is the most famous. parking can be a pain. I can't give you much on hiking beside that. We did most of the hiking in Tucson (January) and just relaxed in scotsdale/fountain hills.
localag88
Martinis by the pool at the Arizona Biltmore
Big Al 1992
AG
If you're there in Jan/Feb check dates for WM Phoenix Open - especially Wednesday pro am.
Arrogant Butcher is ok - like most places downtown. Scottsdale has better restaurants but is 30 minutes from down town. Fun bars at Tempe/ ASU area.
Highly recommend hiking - Camelback early in am or else it is like Disneyland. Could also hike Thunderbird or Pietswa Peak.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.