Hilton Head

1,369 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TommyGun
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family and I are thinking of making a road trip to Hilton Head this summer. We've never been. Can anybody tell me about the area and what all is recommended? We have a 2 year old and a 6 year old girl. Any cool places we should stay?
AustinCountyAg
Nice and laid back. Great golf. Not trashy biker astroworkd type of people either.
Yesterday
AG
It's a golfing community. Tons and tons of golf!
longeryak
Look at one of the Marriott properties. SurfWatch would be my recommendation.

2 is pretty young for activities beyond the resort activities, pool, and beach. Maybe a dolphin watching cruise or shell hunting trip? There are a few putt putt places and a zip line/obstacle course place.

Basically it is a retirement community. Golf, tennis, walking the beach, bicycling, fishing, eating and drinking are about it
TommyGun
AG
longeryak said:

Look at one of the Marriott properties. SurfWatch would be my recommendation.

2 is pretty young for activities beyond the resort activities, pool, and beach. Maybe a dolphin watching cruise or shell hunting trip? There are a few putt putt places and a zip line/obstacle course place.

Basically it is a retirement community. Golf, tennis, walking the beach, bicycling, fishing, eating and drinking are about it

Basically this. My wife and I spent a few days there this past summer. Honestly, there really wasn't anything there that would bring us back. Don't get me wrong the beaches were nice but if you just want a pure beach vacation there really isn't any reason to pass up Florida on your way to the Carolinas unless you're just tired of going to the same destination. Now if you're planning on additional stops at places like Savannah or Charleston then I would say go for it, but if you're just planning on hanging out at a resort for a week then go with something closer along 30A.

If I had to do it over again I would book something in Folly Beach or Kiawah Island so that we could have better access to Charleston. We spent a day and a half there before flying out and regretted not booking our entire stay in that area.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.