Restaurant Recommendations in DFW

1,448 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by thisguy05
nashsnx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I grew up in Arlington but haven't lived there in +15 years. My wife and I will be there over the holidays and I'd like to plan a dinner for the two of us while we leave the kids with the grandparents.

I'd appreciate some restaurant recommendations in either Dallas or Fort Worth but I'm primarily looking for less well known places. We've done Joe T's and Del Frisco's and the other big name steak places. Thanks for your help.
jeffdjohnson
https://interactive.dmagazine.com/content/best-dallas-restaurants-right-now/

This is a good list to go off. I've been to most everything in the top 20 and they are all good.
OldAg92
AG
Reata - fort worth
Perry's - grapevine
FortWorthF3
For Fort Worth look at Ellerbe Fine Foods (on Magnolia - good area for walking around afterward), Pacific Table, Waters (downtown and close to Sundance Square), Lonesome Dove (stockyards) and Bonnell's,

For nice but a little cheaper, look at Piattelo, Lili's Bistro (on Magnolia), Piola (in a small old house) or Nonna Tata (very small and BYOB, Magnolia).

If you and your wife like to walk around after dinner, or go have drinks, or go have dessert elsewhere, check out Downtown and the Magnolia area.
breezecustomtravel
AG
Another vote for Reata(downtown Ft. Worth) & Lonesome Dove (Stockyards)

We just did a 'staycation' for the weekend near Plano and ate at Whiskey Cake and Union Bear and both were fantastic. They aren't on the fancy, fancy side but the food was outstanding at both.

Enjoy!
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
thisguy05
AG
FortWorthF3 said:

For nice but a little cheaper, look at Piattelo, Lili's Bistro (on Magnolia), Piola (in a small old house) or Nonna Tata (very small and BYOB, Magnolia).

Four excellent recommendations
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.