Southwest drink coupons

1,286 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 62strat
Tree Hugger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like many others, I have accrued several booklets but don't always get a chance to use them (flying in before a client meeting, etc.).

However, on a few recent return trips I have had a drink but they never ask for a coupon or a payment. Has anyone else experienced this? On one flight in particular I had booked business select so I was one of the first few on the plane so I figured they might have known that and just not bothered to collect the voucher, but this has happened several times in the last few months. It doesn't seem to have much to do with the actual flight, it has occurred on HOU-DAL, MAF-DAL, and MSP-DAL.

Any theories?
BSD
AG
The only time this ever happens to us is when there is a flight delay, and I think the free drink is SOP at that point. Typically they ask for the coupon. So if you are getting freebies on a consistent basis, I say roll with it!
Ag_07
AG
We flew to Cancun last week and had drinks and they didn't charge us.

She walked by a couple times and never said anything when I had my card out then finally said looked down and said 'Do you really want me to charge you for those drinks?'.

I said no thanks and went about my business.
bam02
AG
Yes I have noticed that too. Seems like about a third of the time they don't come back for payment.
ORAggieFan
Yeah, I fly SWA all the time and they often don't bother.
07ag
AG
has happened occasionally to me
Furlock Bones
AG
what i find interesting is that i get free drinks most often when i pull the booklet out before ordering. they see the tickets and never ask for them. if i don't pull anything out, they ask for payment.
Matsui
AG
I've noticed the same. I keep getting more and more coupons in the mail. I've now just given them away to people ordering drinks or give them to the attendant to pass out to folks. I'm in the same boat where I don't need to have alcohol on my breath when I land.
permabull
AG
aggiedata
AG
I had one flight attendant fake sliding my credit card and wink. If you look like you are on business or respectable I think they like to keep it fun as possible.
62strat
AG
Flew to Cancun in October and just got water when he first came around. 15-20 min later I caught him as he was walking the aisle and ordered a beer and he brought it to me and walked off. I rolled with it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.