1 WK Europe Travel Suggestions

933 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ag with kids
Millner5220
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are looking to take a 1 week trip to Europe the last week of February or first week in March. Sister works for United so we'd be traveling on stand by but the flights are free, leaving from Newark. I have been to Germany, France (don't need to go back) and Italy (Venice only), my wife hasn't been at all.

We're thinking of Ireland/Scottland, Lisbon/Madrid, or Italy. We'll also be traveling with my parents and my sister. Understand 1 week isn't enough time, current projects at work won't allow any longer this time of the year.

Appreciate any feed back.
SwissAgg
AG
The weather in Ireland/Scotland is miserable at the time, but the pubs are great!!

Barcelona is always good, but I would pick Rome and Florence because it is not so crowded

during that time.
Travelag08
Lisbon is nice and will probably have good temps (not too cold). United recently started flying into Porto - great city, I highly recommend it! You could easily do all 10 days in Portugal.
Vernada
AG
Being that'll it'll be cool and not as covered up with tourists - I'd do the whole trip in Rome.
SwissAgg
AG
Travelag08 said:

Lisbon is nice and will probably have good temps (not too cold). United recently started flying into Porto - great city, I highly recommend it! You could easily do all 10 days in Portugal.
Porto is a really cool city. That is a good idea. I haven't been to Lissabon though.
Always_Right
AG
London with a day trip or two to get out of the city would be my recommendation, not sure where you are flying from but several direct flights out of Houston to LHR each day with United.
jeffdjohnson
Madrid/Barcelona. 3 hour train ride between them. That is a great trip.
Ag with kids
AG
I did Malaga, Spain this past summer. It was beautiful there on the Costa del Sol.

Did a day trip to the Alhambra and another to the Rock of Gibraltar.

We were also thinking about doing a day trip by ferry to Morocco, but were enjoying the beach too much and didn't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.