Belize or Cabo

3,013 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 4xAgs
sodycracker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which is better for a quick 4 day trip in January?
nosoupforyou
AG
nice! Billy and others can share a Cabo plan but here's my 4-5 day itinerary for Belize that I did this past summer... it was GREAT!

Monday, June 25 Arrive at Belize City / San Pedro on Ambergris Caye
o IAH Flight at 12:07 arrive BZE at 1:35, then take 2:40 flight -Maya Island Air 15 minute flight
o 3:00 Tony will pick us up and take us 5 minutes to Ambergris Villas - 130 Coconut Dr, South of Isla Bonita Yacht Club
o Norma Estrada drove us 20 minutes on the cart to Rain Restaurant for reservations at 5:30 - sunset at 6:30 so coming a little later would have been better.
o Spend time with Tony to book all of our tours for the week. Tony set us up with Belize Diamond Adventures Tour Company and Owner Norma Estrada.
Tuesday June 26 Mayan Ruins
o 6:00 leave on 90 min Boat to BZE then 90 mins to Western Belize Mayan Ruins Xunantunich
o Lunch at a local restaurant, then Cave Tubing Adventure - decided to skip Zip Lining but nice option
o 5:30 90 minute water taxi back to San Pedro
o Walked to dinner at Blue Water Grill Restaurant excellent!
Wednesday June 27 Snorkel
o Walked to breakfast at Pineapples at Ramon's Village Resort nice!
o Meet at 8:45 Spear Fishing at Coral Gardens, Conch Graveyard, Shark Ray Alley, and Hol Chan Marine. Return home at around 5pm. Stunning wow turtles, stingrays, nurse sharks, amazing.
o Golf Cart to Dinner at Elvi's Kitchen
Thursday June 28 - Secret Beach
o Breakfast at Island Buzz met the owner Mike from Kansas City stop by and say hello!
o 10:00 Golf Cart 45 minutes to Secret Beach do not miss just stunning calm water and white sand on the lagoon side. Lunch, shade, drinks, and you can rent activities from paddleboards, to motorized mini-jet skis arrive in the morning for best pictures and stay as long as you want.
o Dinner at Carambas fresh seafood that you pick out yourself and they prepare for you
Friday June 29 Check out, head home
o Breakfast at Island Buzz
o 7:20 -Check out of Villa. Take the 8:00 Maya Island flight to BZE arrive at 8:15
sodycracker
AG
nosoupforyou said:

nice! Billy and others can share a Cabo plan but here's my 4-5 day itinerary for Belize that I did this past summer... it was GREAT!

Monday, June 25 Arrive at Belize City / San Pedro on Ambergris Caye
o IAH Flight at 12:07 arrive BZE at 1:35, then take 2:40 flight -Maya Island Air 15 minute flight
o 3:00 Tony will pick us up and take us 5 minutes to Ambergris Villas - 130 Coconut Dr, South of Isla Bonita Yacht Club
o Norma Estrada drove us 20 minutes on the cart to Rain Restaurant for reservations at 5:30 - sunset at 6:30 so coming a little later would have been better.
o Spend time with Tony to book all of our tours for the week. Tony set us up with Belize Diamond Adventures Tour Company and Owner Norma Estrada.
Tuesday June 26 Mayan Ruins
o 6:00 leave on 90 min Boat to BZE then 90 mins to Western Belize Mayan Ruins Xunantunich
o Lunch at a local restaurant, then Cave Tubing Adventure - decided to skip Zip Lining but nice option
o 5:30 90 minute water taxi back to San Pedro
o Walked to dinner at Blue Water Grill Restaurant excellent!
Wednesday June 27 Snorkel
o Walked to breakfast at Pineapples at Ramon's Village Resort nice!
o Meet at 8:45 Spear Fishing at Coral Gardens, Conch Graveyard, Shark Ray Alley, and Hol Chan Marine. Return home at around 5pm. Stunning wow turtles, stingrays, nurse sharks, amazing.
o Golf Cart to Dinner at Elvi's Kitchen
Thursday June 28 - Secret Beach
o Breakfast at Island Buzz met the owner Mike from Kansas City stop by and say hello!
o 10:00 Golf Cart 45 minutes to Secret Beach do not miss just stunning calm water and white sand on the lagoon side. Lunch, shade, drinks, and you can rent activities from paddleboards, to motorized mini-jet skis arrive in the morning for best pictures and stay as long as you want.
o Dinner at Carambas fresh seafood that you pick out yourself and they prepare for you
Friday June 29 Check out, head home
o Breakfast at Island Buzz
o 7:20 -Check out of Villa. Take the 8:00 Maya Island flight to BZE arrive at 8:15

You sold me! Thanks for your input
Dr.Rumack
Belize
nosoupforyou
AG
Let me know if you have questions on building your plan, places to stay, eat, etc.. Lots of hyperlinks there to help as well
Matsui
AG
Cabo
beachfront71
AG
Cabo as well
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Belize. Pineapples is also great for dinner. Elvi's was great too.
breezecustomtravel
AG
Not sure you could go wrong with either one, both are great destinations!
There are some great excursions you can do in Cabo including whale watching and fishing.
Island hopping in Belize is amazing as well.

If you need help with booking or quotes I'd be happy to help.

Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
nosoupforyou
AG
Talk about island hopping in Belize...
breezecustomtravel
AG
While it's not as detailed as your awesome itinerary, we've had a few clients take a 3-day island hopping trip with Raggamuffin Tours.
You depart at Caye Caulker, visiting Rendezvous Caye and Ragga Caye, finishing in Dangriga. While on the boat they will stop to snorkel in some amazing locations including the Belize Barrier Reef. They will provide fishing gear as well. Tour guide and chef all on board.

For me personally, I would start inland at the Ka'ana Resort for a few days, then head out the Ambergris Caye and stay at Mahogany Bay Resort. I would then take some day trips to visit some of the 6 cayes in the area.

While it is a small country and small group of islands, there is still so much to do and see.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
4xAgs
AG
Whale watching in Cabo in January!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.