Queenstown NZ / Fiji Restaurant Ideas

1,575 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SweaterVest
OP AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heading to NZ and Fiji for our honeymoon in a few weeks. Looking for good places to eat in either place. Have found a few places that seem good. Looking for first hand knowledge.
SweaterVest
AG
Nice! Doing the same thing in January but doing Fiji first then NZ. I don't have any recommendations but I'd like to hear yours after you go.
Here4Beer
AG
Damn, I have nothing to offer to this discussion except to say that I am very jealous. Enjoy your honeymoon, I just got back from 2 weeks in Europe for mine and it was the best trip of my life.
OP AG
We are staying in queenstown. I heard ferdbuger is a great burger place. We have reservations to a nice place one night. Going on a helicopter ride one day and whitewater rafting another day.

We are staying at marriot momi bay in fiji. Going to cloud 9 one day. Every thing else is up in the air. Hows your flights? We sat to lax to auckland to queentown. Then queenstown to auckland for a night then onto fiji. I had to change my flights a couple weeks back because new zealand air is now running just one flight to Fiji and back on a bigger 777. So we had to change a couple things but nothing too crazy
Guppy
AG
Wife and I spent 12 days in Fiji 16 months ago - Loved it! Went diving 6 of the 12 days and exploring / relaxing the rest.
As far as food - we just used Trip Advisor and found local places in Nadi. Avoid Denaru - touristy and expensive. Can't remember any actual restaurants sadly. The food was, by far, the least exciting and memorable part of our trip. A food truck park just outside denaru going to Nadi was decent and then a few random restaurants in town was about it. But you'll love Fiji.
OP AG
Yeah I think we will eat mostly at hotel in fiji. But I heard we should stop at a market for fruit and snacks.
jpb1999
AG
Yeah, food was definitely not the highlight of our Fiji trip. Is that hotel on the big island? If so, do the white
water rafting tour there. We stayed in the yasawas which was great. Our best food experiences was the fresh seafood on the beach at the resorts.

Spane Bohem

OP AG
Yes it is. Marriott momi bay
Pepper Brooks
AG
We just got back from Queenstown and LOVED it. Though, there are few restaurants that warrant advanced reservations. We stayed and the Rees and their restaurant was probably the best food that we had the entire trip so I'd recommend going there. You probably should make a reservation for that.

Fergburger is fine and is worth going just to try it. It's not nearly as good as most of the "upscale" burger joints around TX though.

Enjoy the trip.
M.C. Swag
AG
BoilerAg10 said:

We just got back from Queenstown and LOVED it. Though, there are few restaurants that warrant advanced reservations. We stayed and the Rees and their restaurant was probably the best food that we had the entire trip so I'd recommend going there. You probably should make a reservation for that.

Fergburger is fine and is worth going just to try it. It's not nearly as good as most of the "upscale" burger joints around TX though.

Enjoy the trip.
I'd also add that depending on the day/time there could be a HUGE wait for Fergburger. I had to wait in line for like 45 min to get my order in.

Overall there are some decent restaurant options but I didn't find any that blew my mind. I agree with Boiler that there are definitely a tier of restaurants you'll have to make reservations for ahead of time.
OP AG
I got my fill of ferg. We left queenstown sunday and we are on fiji now. We loved queenstown. Would definitely go back to the south island
SweaterVest
AG
Headed to Fiji on Sunday and then NZ at the end of next week. Do you have any recs for upscale restaurants in Queenstown?

What did y'all think about Cloud 9?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.