Belize Bachelor Party

6,809 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jammer262
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at flying SW HOU ->BZE for 3 nights

Where should we stay, what should we do? Probably some of us may dive one day.
How do we get around ... taxi? Uber?
lazuras_dc
AG
Mid January 2019
The Chicken Ranch
AG
You probably want to stay in Ambergris for a trip that short. Or look into Caye Caulker. You will need to take the Mayan Air or Tropic Air hop over there after you land at the international airport.

Once you get to Ambergris or Caye Caluker you can rent a golf cart or a bicycle. That's all you need.

You can look at renting a house, and there are a lot of hotel options that range from sh*+hole to really nice. If you just want a hotel on Ambergris, Ramon's Villiage is nice and has a dive shop. On Caye Caulker, I've heard that Iguana Reef is nice. I think they have a dive shop that they work with.
AustinCountyAg
Badass y'all are going to Belize but **** I'd hate to imagine how much y'all are spending for a friends wedding. Whatever happened to just going to a strip club in the local big city and calling it good? Bachelor parties are turning in to full fled vacations...... with all that said report back on the trip. I want to visit Belize one day.
jammer262
Truthfully, New Orleans or Vegas are better choices for weekend bachelor parties. If diving is a must on trips that short Cozumel is easy as well. With transfers you won't make it to Ambrigis Cay before 3 pm. The guys dive the next day, then back over around noon for the flight back. If y'all can extend it one day it would be worth it. There are a couple of Belize threads on page 2 or 3 that have lots of info on places to eat.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
They won't be able to dive tbe day they get there, but if they are staying three nights they can dive on two days. The SW flight back to Hobby is late, so they will get a 24 hour sit after the last day diving until the flight back home.
lazuras_dc
AG
Could possibly extend to 4 nights but really hoping to to stay in Belize city near airport since it's short trip.
jammer262
Do not under any circumstances stay in Belize City. It's not scenic or particularly safe. It's not really geared towards tourism. Extend a day and go to San Pedro.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I agree. The Radisson Fort Morgan is the only hotel in Belize City that I would stay at. I've spent some time there waiting for the boat to take us to the atolls for a week, and afterwards waiting for the ride to the airport. We were explicitly told not the venture out of the compound. The view of the water there is like the port of Galveston.

Go to Ambergris or Caye Caulker. It really is no trouble to take the hop over there from the international airport.
nosoupforyou
AG
as stated above, do not stay in Belize City - get to Ambergris Caye (pronounced Key) via water taxi/boat (cheap) or Maya Airlines (costs more than boat but way faster and more comfortable

We did AirBNB here - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13223486 it's very near Ramon's which is awesome if you want a nicer hotel type place. Ask for Tony - he'll help you set up everthing and also pick you up in his golf cart when you get there.

Day 1 -arrive and just settle in, grab dinner at Bluewater Grill (contact Norma and meet her this evening to set up Days 2 and 3)

Days 2 and 3- snorkel adventure and Maya Ruins - consider Belize Diamond Adventures - ask for Norma - she can set you up for a Snorkel Adventure as well as a Mayan Tour (Cave Tubing and Zip Line is good as well as the Mayan Ruins)

Grab coffee / quick breakfast at Island Buzz each day

If you skip snorkel or Maya Ruins (I'd skip Mayan ruins) then spend a day at Secret Beach - get there early and take pictures - amazing water!

Dinner a Carambas, Elvi's, The Truck Stop, were nice

WiFi is in all restaurants so don't worry about not having cellular connection

hope this helps! let me know if you have questions
lazuras_dc
AG
Awesome! So fly into BZE.... then taxi to a water taxi which takes you to san pedro or ambergris? Where is the port you take the water taxi from?

If I fly SW to BZE do you book a seperate airfare to get to san pedro/ambergris?

Thanks !
nosoupforyou
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Awesome! So fly into BZE.... then taxi to a water taxi which takes you to san pedro or ambergris? Where is the port you take the water taxi from?

If I fly SW to BZE do you book a seperate airfare to get to san pedro/ambergris?

Thanks !
San Pedro is the main 'city' on Ambergris Caye

If you have some extra money, go here http://www.mayaislandair.com/ and buy a ticket from BZE to San Pedro - you won't even leave the airport - 20 minute flight that's pretty cool to see

if you are cost conscious and have time, take a taxi from BZE to the boats and take the water taxi to San Pedro- about 2 hours 1 way
JSKolache
AG
San Pedro is awesome
The Chicken Ranch
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Thanks !

Yes. Book your flight to Ambergris (San Pedro) on Tropic Air or Mayan Air. You will clear Customs in BZE, then check in and have a drink and wait for your puddle jumper.

Don't mess with the water taxi.

Caye Caulker is highly underrated, IMO. But you will love Ambergris.
jammer262
Since you really want to go on a batchleor party there (I still think you have better options), I need more info. How many are going and age range? Budget per person, how many divers? We go down 3-4 times a year and own property down in Placencia.

We have stayed at several hotels and resorts in San Pedro I can help set you up in the right accommodations. Keep in mind this isn't Mexico. The all inclusives generally have a 3 night minimum and are significantly higher than Mexican offerings. That being said there are some decent hotels there and many great dining options. I'm just trying to set expectations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.