ALCS game at Fenway Park - Boston

1,372 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAS444
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to the ALCS Game 6 (assuming there is one) in Boston nest Saturday. We'll just be there for 24 hours...arriving about 4 - 5 hours before the game. Either staying at the Verb Hotel right across the street from Fenway or the nearby Hilton (about the same price). Any recs/reviews/comparisons between the 2 hotels and/or what to do around the stadium before/after the game? I assume we wouldn't have time to go anywhere not right around there...? I'd like to have some good, local food and watch college football before the game. Recs for good restaurants/bars nearby?
rebelag62
AG
There's a bunch of bars right across from the stadium. Make sure you check out the Bleacher Bar. Really cool, it's actually in the stadium. When the game isn't playing they'll open up the garage doors and you are right in left or right field. I can't remember which.
Federale01
AG
Fenway is walking distance from the western end of Back Bay neighborhood. There are several large hotels by the Prudential Center and good restaurants around there as well. I don't have anything specific to recommend, I just wanted to let you know there are more options than just the few blocks around Fenway.
jetch17
AG
Bleacher Bar

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Bleacher bar is cool also check out the cask and flagon behind the Monster. Stayed at the Residence Inn a couple of blocks from Fenway, recommend it. Nice rooftop bar.
WestTxAg16
AG
I stayed at Verb on Marathon weekend in April. Did a similar type trip 24 hr trip. It's a small 2 story boutique hotel. I could see 1st base side of Fenway from my room. This was my only time in Boston so I do not have anything to compare it to room wise but I can say a few things about it. It's a music themed hotel with record players in every room and a large selection to choose from. Friendly but young and musical type people working the front office. I booked there because of proximity to Fenway and it was the most affordable place in town race weekend. They dropped the price a few weeks after I booked and I called and had no issues getting the price matched. The room was modernized but you could tell the building was older. The room wasn't big but like I said I don't have anything to compare it to. All in all, I was not disappointed and would stay there again if it came down to price. For a 24 hr trip I'm assuming you just need a place to rest your head - which this place fits that request.
WestTxAg16
AG
Oh and Boston is not an easy town to get around due to small streets and congestion. I was there race weekend so my experience wasn't normal too. My flight was delayed so I ran straight to the game (actually got there late) and then had dinner plans at La Famiglia Giorgio's so went away from the stadium after the game. It was 34F and snowing/raining and I wasn't prepared for that...in Mid April.

But assuming JV & co. can get you your game 6 - enjoy the trip. I'm jealous!
Dr.Rumack
Whoopsie
Panama Red
AG
How ya like them apples?
MAS444
AG
Sucks. But I guess we'll just have to take the plane somewhere else...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.