Laguna Niguel...

951 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Punked Shank
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I are going to be there for a few days next weekend. We aren't surfers and it's looking like it's going to be in the 60's all week so laying by the pool probably isn't going to be in the cards.

Any recs for stuff to do in the area? We're not opposed to renting a car and going up or down the coast a little ways (or even inland) but would probably rather not end up in a ton of LA traffic. We'll probably go whale watching one morning but other than that, we don't have much of anything else on the agenda.

Austintm

1) Have a nice dinner at Javier's (not an event, but just saying...)

2) San Diego is just over an hour away. We made the drive down last time we were there, went over to Coronado Island, had a drink at the Hotel Coronado, etc. Worth the trip.

3) The walk along the shoreline/sidewalk through the Laguna area is very nice. Start by the Montage -- very pretty

4) Have a drink at the Ritz. Awesome views
Stive
AG
Austintm said:

2) San Diego is just over an hour away. We made the drive down last time we were there, went over to Coronado Island, had a drink at the Hotel Coronado, etc. Worth the trip.

3) The walk along the shoreline/sidewalk through the Laguna area is very nice. Start by the Montage -- very pretty

We'll try Javiers.

We were in San Diego last year and checked most of the touristy boxes with the exception of the zoo. We're probably going to head back there in a year or two with the kids and hit the zoo and the other kid friendly stuff.

Good rec on the walk.

We're staying at the Ritz so we've got that one covered.
Stive
AG
Bump....any other fun things to do between LA and San Diego?
Punked Shank
AG
Hike torrey pines in la jolla.

Its actually been warm in carlsbad. Evenings have been cool but not cold. Beaches and pool side should be an option.

Check out wineries in temecula

Check out san Clemente or dana point
Stive
AG
coastsrs said:

Hike torrey pines in la jolla.

Its actually been warm in carlsbad. Evenings have been cool but not cold. Beaches and pool side should be an option.

Check out wineries in temecula

Check out san Clemente or dana point

Pool side with a high of 70 next weekend? I might deal with that but my wife shivers when it gets below 85.
Punked Shank
AG
As long as its sunny and the marine layer burns off mid morning. 70 feels pretty nice out here but i hear your point.

When you come out again a few years with kids there is legoland here in carlsbad they may enjoy.

Ghost tours in old town are neat for history...

Stive
AG
coastsrs said:

As long as its sunny and the marine layer burns off mid morning. 70 feels pretty nice out here but i hear your point.

When you come out again a few years with kids there is legoland here in carlsbad they may enjoy.

Tell me more....
ColoradoMooseHerd
Stive said:

Austintm said:

We'll try Javiers.

We were in San Diego last year and checked most of the touristy boxes with the exception of the zoo. We're probably going to head back there in a year or two with the kids and hit the zoo and the other kid friendly stuff.

Good rec on the walk.

We're staying at the Ritz so we've got that one covered.
1. Ritz is actually in Dana Point, they just say Laguna Niguel for marketing purposes
2. Javier's is in Crystal Cove way to far to make a trip just for Javier's. Many great places in Laguna Beach or Dana Point that you won't have to drive that far for. I like Javier's but not worth the drive especially if drinking.
3. Monarch Bay Club is a short walk down the beach and has nice views and pretty good food. Might be good for lunch one day or dinner if you wanted to watch the sunset
4. The beach by the Ritz is not very big. Ritz at one end and Monarch Bay Club at other end
5. You will need a car or will need to uber/cab where ever you want to go, nothing is really walking distance
6. Breakfast at the Ritz has some amazing views, but can be pricey for what you get, but your staying at the Ritz so you probably already know what to expect.
Punked Shank
AG
Stive said:

coastsrs said:

Tell me more....

Theres a few different tours. Old Town is historic and this gives some history on it. Did it last weekend and it was enjoyable.

https://www.ghostsandgravestones.com/san-diego
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.