2019 Ski Trip

2,724 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 10andBOUNCE
FlyFish95
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Considering Crested Butte and Wolf Creek. Nightlife and all that other stuff isn't a consideration. Just looking for the best of the two in terms of ski experience.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Wolf Creek
dead zip 01
AG
If you're going skiing for the skiing then wolf creek is the place.
aeroag14
AG
Would agree that if all you care about is the mountain, go with Wolf Creek.
breezecustomtravel
AG
Absolutely Wolf Creek, the best snow and most snow in Colorado. They just got over 20" last weekend, they're one of the first ski resorts opening this weekend, the second earliest weekend they've ever opened.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
COSciAG
Wolf creek is great for all levels of skiing. Only problem is the drive to Pagosa Springs is a haul. Look for AirBnB or VRBO houses close to the mountain.
aggieswmr04
Wolf Creek! Check out the Hulabaloo House in South Fork. Lots of Ags on the mountain and in the area.
Kyle04
AG
I've never been to Wolf Creek... we were looking at Telluride, but now y'all have me interested in WC.

Where do you fly into? Is there plenty of lodging in Wolf Creek proper? Or does everyone stay in Pagosa Springs?

How aggressive is the mountain? My youngsters can get down some easy blues, but greens are nice for them too. Jackson Hole was a little too much for them last year (of course the mountain was a block of ice).

Also, we're going during the first week of January... New Years. I'm guessing the crowds won't be as bad as other resorts since WC is a little out of the way.

COSciAG
I have never flown into Pagosa Springs. There may be a small regional airport but I am not sure.

There is not lodging at Wolf Creek. The only thing there is a ski shop and a restaurant. There are some homes for rent in the area through AirBnB or VRBO. That is by far the best option cause it will drastically reduce your commute.

The mountain has good trails for all different skill levels. As a rule of thumb, the right side of the mountain is blues and greens, with more difficult blues and blacks as you get to the left side.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Durango is probably the best option if you're needing to fly to get to WC. Direct flights out of DFW on AA. 1-2 hr drive depending on where you'd be staying.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.