Turks and Caicos Recommendations

3,154 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by devastor
AgHawkeye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to go in early January with wife and thee kids (11, 8 and 6). We love hiking and most outdoor activities. Want a nice place that is also family friendly. Any recommendations?
maverick12
AG
It has been a few years, but we stayed at The Sands at Grace Bay and it was reasonably nice for the price. There is a Beaches a short ways down the beach that might be an option. We didn't really consider it because we prefer to explore rather than staying in on place doing the all inclusive thing. Plus, it looked kind of like a giant cruise ship.

Where ever you chose, you probably want to stay on Grace Bay. Also, keep in mind that the hotel/lodging taxes are really high. I want to say something like +20% so keep that in mind when booking. There are a ton of cool beaches other than Grace Bay, but many are fairly hard to find and well off of the beaten track. Lastly, there are tons of good restaurants there if you don't go the all inclusive route. Just like everything else in T&C though, they are generally fairly expensive.

KW02
AG
We went this summer. We too stayed at The Sands based on the fairly nice accommodations and the price. They remodeled the place awhile back so do not know if it was remodeled when the above poster went.

There are plenty of nice resorts along Grace Bay which is where I suggest staying.

Be sure to get a car.

There are not alot of hiking opportunities. However, you can go kayak Chaulk Sound as well as spend some time at Sapodilla Bay and Taylor Bay which are very low key. We did a 1/2 day excursion that was fun.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Aggie85-Mom11
AG
Seven Stars Resort

Best High Quality Resort Value in T&C
We were there for a week in July.
Happy to answer any questions.
nonameag99
We have been to beaches with 3 kids. It is nice but expensive
Texas Ag Mom
I am also considering going there in the next year. Need to take a break from Mexico. Very interested in all tips but we have no interest in AI. I like to stay ocean front so I guess I better find an Airbnb.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Has anyone ever stayed at the Bohio Dive Resort on Grand Turk? We are considering it and heard good things about the diving there.
KW02
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

I am also considering going there in the next year. Need to take a break from Mexico. Very interested in all tips but we have no interest in AI. I like to stay ocean front so I guess I better find an Airbnb.
There are not really any AI there other than Sandals and some others where you can add the option. This is not a mega-resort island and most of the places are more of a condo style. Seven Star as mentioned above is the tallest on the island and looks very nice but I did not go to that resort. We just stayed in a studio because it was the 2 of us and spent very little time in the room. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
breezecustomtravel
AG
Beaches Turks & Caicos is one of the premier family resorts on Grace Bay.
It is absolutely beautiful and reasonably priced for the type of All-Inclusive resort that it is.

If you have any specific questions regarding this resort or any others in Turks & Caicos I'd be happy to help!
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
nosoupforyou
AG
Considering taking the family (4 kids 11-16) next summer - doing research now

Is there good snorkel adventure?
Do they have sandbars during low tide like there are j. Exuma?
Best area to stay? Looks like several islands to consider?

I'm considering this trip because I saw that Southwest Airlines goes there so hoping to use miles to get us there
maroon10
AG
Turks is flat, you won't find hiking there if that's your main interest.
Tabasco
AG
nosoupforyou said:

Considering taking the family (4 kids 11-16) next summer - doing research now

Is there good snorkel adventure?
Do they have sandbars during low tide like there are j. Exuma?
Best area to stay? Looks like several islands to consider?

I'm considering this trip because I saw that Southwest Airlines goes there so hoping to use miles to get us there

Grace Bay, Provodenciales

One of the best beaches/water in the world. The Island is flat, dry/arid, and not much to see. It's all about the beach and ocean.
nosoupforyou
AG
Are there any specific snorkel or excursion tours you are aware of?

Favorite places to eat out?

Any VRBO recommendations?

Starting to build out a 5 day itinerary and want to have a general idea of what to do each day

Also -do they have sandbars that show up at low tide? Exuma is amazing with those so worth planning around the tide schedule
Tabasco
AG
To be honest, it has been a long time since we went (stayed at Ocean Club on Grace Bay in Provodenciales). We did our honeymoon there in 1998, and went back two weeks after 9/11.
devastor
AG
Just got back from T&C with the fam and the beaches and water is simply stunning. Definitely must of snorkeling.

Ritz is building a 12 story resort that will be the tallest building on Provo island. It is of course on Grace Bay Area. Tourism the past few years has been insane making Grace Bay and the airport busting at the seams. We stayed at the Aman Resort there called Amanyara. It is secluded and away from the hustle of Grace Bay. Not for everyone but extremely peaceful with their stand alone pavilion & villas, and personalize service is second to none.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.