Is EPM safe?

3,355 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BClark
aggiefan2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We went a couple of years ago and loved it. One of our best trips ever. But the cartel crime has us skittish especially with several young kids. Is it safe right now? Trip would be in January.
Aggie87
AG
Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis
Hincemm
AG
It is safe
ramblin_ag02
AG
Expanse Proto Molecule
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Apache
AG
Electrical Poontang Machine?
No thanks.
jammer262
I, for the life of me, can't figure out where EPM is?
Matsui
AG
Excellence playa mujeres
Tabasco
AG
It's adult only btw
aggiefan2002
Yes, sorry. Excellence Playa Mujeres.

And yes, Tabasco. I was meaning with little kids at home. Don't want to get killed on vacation because I'm being flippant.
wangus12
AG
Brother and his wife just got back from their honeymoon there and said they had no issues. Except that they took a sketchy snorkeling trip with someone they met on the beach, because they are idiots
JMac03
AG
Excellence Resorts have amazing ratings across the board. The only exception is the brand new one in Jamaica, and I'm guessing is because it is still working out the kinks. If I personally was to visit Mexico right now, I wouldn't leave the resort. No one can tell you that you will be safe, but then again, no one can tell you that you will be safe visiting Chicago, etc. I would personally look at Excellence in Dominican Republic, but flights will probably be double or higher. I know most of my clients are choosing to not visit Mexico, but still have many who do. Its pretty cheap right now, which is making it more desirable for people to go.
62strat
AG
We're going to hyatt ziva here in a few weeks, leaving kids at home.

I'm not worried in the least bit.
texpert68
AG
Just returned from Excellence Riviera Cancun. No issues at the resort, airport or transfers. Would assume the same for EPM.
Ag CPA
AG
I thought this thread was about drugs.
V8Aggie
AG
Apache said:

Electrical Poontang Machine?

Go on...
Texas Ag Mom
I just returned last night from a week stay at the JW Marriott Cancun.
fishag04
AG
The wife and I returned home from ERC today and we never felt remotely unsafe.
62strat
AG
Anybody who has traveled recently used the city bus to go up and down zona hotelera?

We are doing some activities at aquaworld, and the guy told me they have private shuttle for $40 RT, or the city bus which is a $1, which would take only about 10 min (as opposed to maybe 5 if private)
Old School Brother
62strat said:

Anybody who has traveled recently used the city bus to go up and down zona hotelera?

We are doing some activities at aquaworld, and the guy told me they have private shuttle for $40 RT, or the city bus which is a $1, which would take only about 10 min (as opposed to maybe 5 if private)

this sounds like the beginning of an article about a family that was kidnapped by the cartel.
Post removed:
by user
62strat
AG
Old School Brother said:

62strat said:

this sounds like the beginning of an article about a family that was kidnapped by the cartel.
We're not going to town.. just one resort to another in hotel zone.

SoupNazi, good to hear.
Texas Ag Mom
We rode the bus all week.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Just returned from 5 days on Cozumel, sandwhiched by nights in Playa del Carmen on each end. Was traveling by myself, and stayed in hotels along 5th Ave each night in Playa so I could be close to the ferry and ADO bus station.

Never once felt unsafe. The only crappy part was lugging my luggage over that damn cobblestone in that humidity.... what a beating.

But had 14 great dives on Cozumel.

But, staying at a resort.... in hotel zone? I would not hesitate at all.
Tabasco
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

It wouldn't even stop?
Player To Be Named Later
62strat
AG
Tabasco said:

Texas Ag Mom said:

It wouldn't even stop?

Look kids, Big Ben!
breezecustomtravel
AG
Stayed at EPM in late July and had a wonderful vacation.
Everyone in our group said they never once felt unsafe during our time at the resort, at the airport, or during the transfers.
We did not leave the resort, but we did speak to numerous people at the resort that went out for excursions and they all said everything was fine and did not have any issues or felt unsafe.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
BClark
AG
Stayed next door at Beloved last week. Best trip to Cancun we have had. No problems at all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.