Indianapolis

625 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tom Scholz
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
May have an opportunity for a career change that could take me up to Indy. Pros/Cons for those that have visited or lived there?
10andBOUNCE
AG
Lived in Ft Wayne for a couple years (90 mins north of Indy). Really liked the general lifestyle in the Midwest. Winters were awful and depressing. Indy is growing like crazy. I could definitely get you in contact with some young professionals who live there and they wouldn't mind giving their perspective.
Cromagnum
AG
If this hop were to pan out it would be on the NW side of downtown Indianapolis. I hear crime in the city is pretty bad but that there are nice areas on the north side.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Carmel and Fishers are both nice areas and growing on the NE side. I also had some friends from Noblesville and I liked it there - little smaller and further NE.
Cromagnum
AG
When you say awful winter's...are we talking Chicago style of windy cold, or Michigan style of Hoth?
superunknown
AG
Had a client there a few years ago. There was a nice clean friendly downtown. And the 500 is pretty awesome. There's a place downtown whose shrimp cocktail (the sauce actually) will peel the first couple of layers off the roof of your mouth which is a well needed distraction since your nostril hairs will be singed off.

ETA: client was directly north of downtown, i stayed about a block away from Conseco Fieldhouse in the southern portion of downtown. From my experiences screwing around driving aimlessly, South side bad, North side good. I judge neighborhoods by their grocery stores. North of downtown there were some fancy krogers. South of downtown some sketchy AF independent grocers with ancient cash registers and wack "name" brands.
Pahdz
St Elmo's. I didn't think it was that hot, but it was tasty. Steak was overrated though.
superunknown
AG
I think i was done in because i definitely inhaled right as i brought the shrimp to my mouth so my eyes were watering from all that horseradish before i ever tasted it. Agree on the steak, too.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Not like Chicago Windy but the winters can drag on and the non-stop overcast grey can be depressing at times. No different than the oppressive heat in TX that doesn't seem to ever end in the summer.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.