Chicago

1,519 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aTm2004
fatherof4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Im going to Chicago in September and am looking for restaurant recommendations. Thank you in advance.
Matsui
AG
Girl and the goat
HECUBUS
AG
http://texags.com/forums/54/topics/2965674

I checked the menus and we're thinking of looking for a good steak place instead. We'll definitely do some pizza, but we'll find one near the hotel. We're going next Friday.
HeightsAg
Sorry OP because it's not just you but why do people ask questions like this without any context? For example, what is your budget, what kind of food do you like/dislike, how kind of atmosphere, kids or no kids, etc? Just because most would agree that Alinea is the best restaurant in Chicago doesn't mean it is right for you.
Wicked Good Ag
HeightsAg said:

Sorry OP because it's not just you but why do people ask questions like this without any context? For example, what is your budget, what kind of food do you like/dislike, how kind of atmosphere, kids or no kids, etc? Just because most would agree that Alinea is the best restaurant in Chicago doesn't mean it is right for you.

This. Plus topolombapo (sp?) is good as well
fatherof4
Fair enough. Just my wife and I. Neither of us have ever been and budget is open. We are staying in the theater area and will not venture to far from there. I hope this gives better information. Thanks
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Steak is not my first choice on Chicago as no one does steak better than Texas. However Bavette's Is great
HeightsAg
If that's the case, I'd recommend Sepia and Gilt Bar. Both are nearby in Rivernorth and do an amazing job at new American. Sepia is one Michelin rated but is reasonably priced and worth every dollar whereas Gilt Bar is probably the best "gastropub" I've ever been to - great cocktails too. Girl and the Goat is good too but it is a little more aventurous (i.e. nose to tail).

And of course since you've never been to Chicago, you should try their deep dish. I like Lou Malnatis but there's plenty of others and I honestly don't think there's a huge difference. Other food/drink recommendations are Aviary for the most unique cocktails you've ever had and 96th floor at the Hancock Tower for drinks. Have fun - Chicago is a great city!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Pequods is my pizza place
fatherof4
Thank all of you for the advice.
HECUBUS
AG
Yes, Lou Malnati's was the best pizza I've ever had.

aTm2004
AG
For a different take on pizza, Chicago Pizza and Ovengrinder. Wife and I did a pizza tour our first trip there, and we both loved this. It's like a pizza pot pie.

http://chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com

For something upscale for a nice dinner, grab an outside table at Tavern on Rush.
Ragoo
AG
fatherof4 said:

Im going to Chicago in September and am looking for restaurant recommendations. Thank you in advance.
the purple pig
I Play With Guns
S
**Pequod's Pizza or Giordano's Pizza
**Go to The Signature Room for drinks (the most incredible view of the city)
**Nonnina for the best Italian
**Bavette's or Gene & Georgetti's for steak
**Beatnik for one of the hottest atmosphere's in a CHI restaurant right now
**Aba for the best rooftop (need to book reservations about a month in advance)
**Dutch and Doc if you're close to Wrigley
**Publican (either location) for a great brunch
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

**Go to The Signature Room for drinks (the most incredible view of the city)
Is this the bar at the top of Hancock building? If so, then yes, do this. You can pay to go up 1 floor below this for the view, or go up to the bar for free for a 2 drink minimum and get a great view and enjoy a drink, which aren't priced that bad. My wife and I did this and each had 2 drinks, which came out to be actually cheaper than paying to go up to the floor below.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.