Croatia

1,195 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agdoc84
Tex_Ag_2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This popped up in my email from a travel twitter account I follow and I have no idea if it is a good deal or not. It is an 11 day trip to Croatia from NY and back for $1350 a person with airfare and lodging with a few meals. Not sure if it includes any tours or not. It is advertised as 9 nights but I assume they're saying that you lose 2 days traveling. Here is the link if anyone could help me out. I have never been to Europe but my coworker seems to think you could put together a trip cheaper by yourself instead of using this package deal.

https://www.gate1travel.com/specials/travelzoo/web/croatia.aspx?utm_source=tzoo&utm_medium=cpcnw&utm_campaign=affcroatia&advid=832893f9-8176-452e-2d27-9f0ddf87051f
Aggie1391
I just got back from Croatia about a week ago. It's an absolutely stunning place. Getting there isn't necessarily cheap, but a lot of it depends on where you're flying out of and when you go. I think it's a pretty good price, however I think it's a lot of traveling for being there for 9 days. We were there for 9 days and we only stayed in Split, Dubrovnik and Hvar. It takes a lot of time to travel between different cities. For example, Split to Dubronvik was a 4 hour ferry, which is the same as drive time. Riding in a bus throughout makes it seem like you'll be in a bus for most of the day, get to do a little sightseeing at night, and then leave again the next morning. I would spend a little extra money to plan the trip yourself. Just my opinion.
DannyDuberstein
AG
CoolaidWade
AG
We were there for a couple of days last month. Although we just did Dubrovnik. We took a direct flight from Munich to Dubrovnik for pretty cheap. Then flew from Dubrovnik to Brussels and did Belgium.

Dubrovnik is badass.
dummble
AG
We just got back in May. The dates it has is definitively the offseason. You want to go end of May to the end of August, maybe September. If that price was good for the high season then it would be about the price, but as it is for the offseason and a ton of stuff will be closed it is not a good deal. Plus you are bouncing all over the place.

I think there are some better outfits that would pick a better itinerary that would flow and hit the highlights you want.
90 bull
AG
Love Croatia. My favorite country to visit. Spent 9 weeks there in the past year. I would avoid a tour and go slow and enjoy it. That hits a lot of places that are a long way apart. Bled to Split is 8 hours minimum, so. Lot of bus rides in 9 days.
MemorialTXAg
Bled isn't in Croatia, but other than that it's a great place.
90 bull
AG
Yes, but this tour goes to Bled.
agdoc84
agdoc84
We went last year on a cruise and it's my favorite country. The people are great, low crime and very clean. Must do place to see.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.