Zurich for a week

682 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Pilot
LeftyHound
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be in Zurich for a week for work and should have a decent amount of downtime in the afternoons. Any must-see,dos,eats in the city?
twk
AG
LeftyHound said:

I'll be in Zurich for a week for work and should have a decent amount of downtime in the afternoons. Any must-see,dos,eats in the city?
I only did one night in Zurich, so I can't tell you much. I know they have a Swiss Museum there, and you can take a boat ride. The old town is pretty neat to walk around.

If you really have a lot of downtime in the afternoons, you might like to take daytrips to Bern and Lucerne.
LeftyHound
AG
Definitely going to try and squeeze in an afternoon drive to Lake Lucerne later in the week!
aTm2004
AG
Old town is awesome. Definitely do that. My buddy has lived in Zurich for 10 years and took us all around, but I can't remember exact places. Did hit up some Irish pub for trivia and had a blast. Place was legit.

Grab a Swiss Pass and see if you'll have time to catch a train to Bern and see the clock and Rose Garden.
dodger02
AG
There's a McDonald's near the airport where you can order a meal on a kiosk and never interact with another human. It's awesome.

Like Marty McFly ordering from Max Hedroom in Hill Valley circa 2015.
SwissAgg
AG
Take the train to Luzern one day and then boat ride on lake Luzern.

Go to Bern and have a look around.

Niederdorf near the train station is pretty good.

There is a beer garden near the lake.

When are you going to be here?
The Pilot
AG
My vision of Switzerland is Bernese Mountain Dogs everywhere. Hope that's the case when we finally visit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.