Road trip to Hot Springs & Memphis?

915 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GSPag`
CBarrett12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Debating a spur of the moment road trip within the next month that direction. Would love to see some of the mountains in AR and maybe stay a night or two in the Ouachita Forest area. Potentially a night in Memphis just for food, see the sights, etc. Departing from Tyler area. Anyone have lodging rec's, must sees, etc? 2 kids under 4, wife, and myself.
Wicked Good Ag
What do you like to do?? Not sure hiking certain parts of Arkansas state parks is good with kids under four although beautiful.
JMac03
AG
Maybe look at the Embassy Suites in Hot Springs. They are usually larger hotel rooms and have nice breakfasts, and free evening happy hours. There isn't an overwhelming number of hotels in HS.
CBarrett12
AG
Ideal todo's on this trip would just be scenic drive, restaurants, and very elementary hikes if that is even feasible
thisguy05
AG
Just spend the weekend on Lake Ouachita. Got down into the 60s at night!

I'd skip Memphis.
Wicked Good Ag
Sorry so late to reply. Scenic route 7 is the best road I would think. As for Memphis with kids not so sure if things to do as went went as a couple. That said Flight restaurant was one of my favorites. The concept and service was great. Food was excellent as well but not as good as some other places we have been on vacation however it is still one of my top places to have ever eaten simply because of the concept
GSPag`
If you pass through Little Rock, Doe's Eat Place is a must for steaks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.