Nashville recs

1,712 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Matsui
DantheAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I are flying there today. What places play 80s era country? Any Texas country places? Places to go 2 stepping? Also, any places that have 80s rock pop cover bands? Places to eat? We are staying close to Broadway and 2nd. Thanks!
ColoradoMooseHerd
Broadway and 2nd is a good area to be. Don't get caught up in where to be and an exact genre. You are going to Nashville to be in Nashville. Just walk around and visit several places, that is always the most fun to me. If you are having a lot of fun at one place...... Stay. If you are getting bored.......fined a new place. There will be lots of live music going on and it will be easy to tell from the street/door what it is like. But bounce around and have fun.
Matsui
AG
There are a few threads on Nashville in this forum. Just use the search function.
planoaggie123
AG
Agree with ColoradoMooseHerd.....I wouldn't say there are any "must go" places on Broadway but there are plenty of good places to jump in and hang out. We go about once a year and usually we just walk down the strip and if we hear a band playing that sounds good we will walk in. If we get tired of it, we leave and go somewhere else. Tend to just pay cash because we do jump around a little and closing out tabs can be annoying. A lot of talented acts that play there. As far as 2 step, I may be wrong but off the top of head i cant think of a place you can really go do that off Broadway. Most of the places are pretty crowded.

If you are in Nashville for a few days, check out the 12 South area. Not too far from downtown (short uber trip). Trendy little area with some neat places top eat and a few places for the wife to shop. We personally like Bartaco
crb87
AG
We just got back a few weeks ago and we enjoyed AJ's Bar (Alan Jackson). It's small but they only play country music there and the two guys we saw played a lot of good 80's-90's country.

Acme Feed is a great spot for lunch and they have good live music too.

Y'all have fun and don't party too hard!
Philo B 93
I walked Broadway a few days ago. I heard Tom Petty, George Strait, Garth Brooks and Keith Whitley all covered within an hour, all in different bars.
AgsMnn
AG
What about places that are fun for the kids. 7 and under?
ColoradoMooseHerd
AgsMnn said:

What about places that are fun for the kids. 7 and under?
At the Gaylord with a Grandparent or Babysitter. Personally would not take my kids to Nashville. Definitely would not take them out at night. Not saying it is Vegas, but a lot of it surrounds drinking at night in very crowded country bars
schmellba99
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Broadway and 2nd is a good area to be. Don't get caught up in where to be and an exact genre. You are going to Nashville to be in Nashville. Just walk around and visit several places, that is always the most fun to me. If you are having a lot of fun at one place...... Stay. If you are getting bored.......fined a new place. There will be lots of live music going on and it will be easy to tell from the street/door what it is like. But bounce around and have fun.
This. Walk Broadway, bounce from bar to bar and enjoy all of the different offerings of music (several places will have different types from floor to floor) and clientele. Nashville is a lot of fun, this is one of the biggest reasons why IMO.
AgsMnn
AG
Mainly there in the day.

Check it my thread on my Indiana trip. Needing recs for places to stop on the way back.
MAROON
AG
Acme Feed & Seed is right across from where you are staying. Decent place with a nice rooftop.

Rooftop at The Thompson hotel is the place for all the beautiful people.

Free concerts in Centennial Park on Saturday with food trucks

Rolf & Daughter is supposedly a great place - we could not get a reservations. Of Course Hattie B's Chicken.
BenFiasco14
AG
I was shocked at one bar I walked in and the band was playing Casey donahew and stony Larue songs
AG
Bumping this thread because I don't want to start a new one. Will be there in October and am wondering if we need a rental car. Will be staying down by Broadway but want to do the Grand Ole Opry and possibly other stuff that might be a little ways away.
Matsui
AG
No. Use Uber or Lyft.
planoaggie123
AG
Matsui said:

No. Use Uber or Lyft.

Agree with this. Traffic is really a pain in Nashville so I would just recommend using Uber and let the "locals" do all the work.
lil99chris
AG
We stayed at the Gaylord a few years ago and rented a car. I drove to the Hermitage, Carnton (in Franklin), and hit up a few other areas away from downtown.

Not sure how much it would cost to use Uber or Lyft for those areas.
Matsui
AG
You definitely need a rental car if you are staying at Gaylord or going to Franklin, TN, b\c those places aren't actually in Nashville. I think OP stated he was staying near downtown, which a rental isn't needed for any place within 5-6 miles from downtown.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.