Caribbean Travel Agent?? - Houston Recs

728 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JMac03
Mose Schrute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Travel board, I am planning my honeymoon for March '19 to the Caribbean and was curious if anyone on this board had any contacts for travel agents in Houston. I am considering Antigua, Aruba, St. Lucia or something of the sort, anything but Mexico, Jamaica, or the Bahamas. I thought using a travel agent might be wise as I have never visited the Caribbean,or planned a trip like this.

I've lurked a bit here the last several months and have been impressed with the wealth of knowledge some of you have, as well as reading about your experiences. If I'm way off base, and a travel agent is not worth the time or money for something in the Caribbean, I'd love to know that too.

For those of you that have visited some of these islands, would you recommend an all inclusive package for a honeymoon?

lil99chris
AG
I have used Renee's Travel in the past and have been pleased with her service.

https://reneestravel.agentstudio.com/
213 Grove
AG
Def go all inclusive so you don't have to worry about how much this or that costs while you are honeymooning
JayAggie
AG
Agree with 213. We went "cheap" and didn't do all inclusive and it was a dumb mistake.
JMac03
AG
I am one, but I am based in CS. I find that most travel agents are free, so it doesn't hurt to at least engage them for a quote or their expertise. I have often found that sometimes we can beat what people can find on their own, but not always (depends on how they are booking it).

I will tell you I am not an expert (somewhat new to the industry, less than 2 years), but have done extensive research on Mexico/Caribbean. I'm happy to answer any questions even if you don't want to use my services. I can at least provide general knowledge about certain islands or resorts if you like.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I don't think AI is always best in the Caribbean. There are a lot of awesome restaurants in the islands.

I definitely wouldn't go to Mexico without doing AI, but I wouldn't go to Mexico for vacation.
AgsMnn
AG
What's your contact. Need to plan something for next summer.
JMac03
AG
AgsMnn said:

What's your contact. Need to plan something for next summer.
I put my email in my profile. Let me know if it doesn't show up. Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.