Indiana trip

610 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgsMnn
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a business meeting in Chicago the second week of July. My sisters family lives in Carmel Indiana. We live near Yoakum. I have 3 kids from 7 to 1.

Driving up, we are planning on doing much, but on our way back, we would like to make a stop or 2.

Need suggestions on places to stop and enjoy. Any nice resorts to stay a day with water etc?

The Chicken Ranch
AG
I lived in both IL and IN for a while. Since you are going to be in Chicago, see the city. Do the Navy Pier, take your wife shopping on Michigan Avenue, and go to one of the museums. Eat some ethnic food and catch a game at Wrigley.

About 80 miles west of Chicago on I80, there is a state park called Starved Rock. You can stay there. They have a lodge and some nice hiking trails. (I know none of this is in Indiana.)
AgsMnn
AG
The family is staying at my sisters with the kids while I go to Chicago.

Need suggestions for the ride back.
jakal0722
If going through Indianapolis, the Children's Museum is one of the best.
katy91
AG
Try visiting Santa Claus, Indiana. It's a cool little town out in the middle of nowhere and obviously Christmas themed. Santa is in one of the shops and takes photos with the kids. There is an amusement park there as well.
AgsMnn
AG
We are mainly looking for a place to stop and spend a couple days on the ride back.

Any suggestions?

Anywhere in MO or TN? Would like something fun for the kids. Water resort maybe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.