November in Branson, MO

961 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgsMnn
JR Ewing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Taking the family to Branson, MO in November. Any advice whatsoever is greatly appreciated on places to eat, shows to see, places to stay with kids ages 2-10. Thanks greatly in advance!!!
JayAggie
AG
I took 5 kids 10 and under.

We've stayed at the Best Western before in Branson. Indoor pool and continental breakfast. Not fancy, but totally fine for our crew. We've also stayed at Ozark Mountain Resort in Kimberling City, lots of outdoor activities onsite, but only an outdoor pool.

Silver Dollar City is one of the big amusement parks. There is so much to do there for all ages that we never felt like there was more than a 30 minute wait, with most rides hardly a wait at all. My kids loved learning about the glass blowing, black smith, and taffy made fresh right there. It will be decorated for Christmas which will be really cool. Lots of shows on site for all ages.

We did a Duck Tour and that was really cool. The guide was awesome, handed out these kazoo things and even with my kids blowing them the whole time, no one had an issue hearing the guide.

We did the Dolly Parton Show "The Dixie Stampede" we were very nervous we would be wasting our money and one of us would be outside with our two year old, but they loved it and did great with it. It all finger foods, and they only serve Pepsi, Sweet Tea, or Water. So many horses so my kids were entranced.

There's a fishery there too and it's totally free and something different that my kids were excited about.
JR Ewing
AG
Thank you! I'm going to do everything you said! I was looking at the Stampede show, and Silver Dollar City as a combo (should I do two day option for Silver Dollar City?), and you're the second person who has mentioned the Duck tour and the fish hatchery! We rented a condo near SDC, so we'll buy groceries and cook mostly. Thanks so much for the advice! Gig em and God Bless!
bco2003
AG
Sight & Sound Theater has great productions.
JayAggie
AG
We did the two day option, but that was during the summer. So some of the rides are water rides that you would definitely get wet on so I assume those are closed in November. And yes the combo deal is the best deal, we did that. Honestly my family really enjoyed SDC so it was nice to do the two day deal and not feel pressure to do everything in one day or make sure you don't miss a show, but like I said with the water stuff more than likely closed I could see being able to do it all in one day..
Cadet05
AG
Check out Arcade City at Branson Landing. There are a few other shops nearby such as Bass Pro and free liquor tastings at Smith Creek Moonshine Distillery!

My 3 and 7 YO loved it!
JR Ewing
AG
Great...thanks for the suggestion!
AgsMnn
AG
What about July. Looking at a couple nights there in a couple weeks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.