Car rental

1,190 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ontherocks
rrose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best company for cheap car rentals.
ktownag08
AG
There is no ONE cheapest option. Enter the date/location into a travel tool (Kayak, Priceline, etc) and pick the cheapest. Can vary wildly.
TXTransplant
I haven't found cheaper than the Hertz manager's special rate on our last few trips.

Matsui
AG
No company is definitely the cheapest. All depends on location. Search Expedia or a general search engine and go from there. Then boom direct with car rental company.
ontherocks
AG
I've gotten some of the best and seen some of the worst deals on Carla. Try them out. I always use them last to compare to the major sites and have got some good deals at times, especially in Hawaii.
rrose
AG
What is Carla?
Ag_N_Houston
AG
We used autoslash for Hawaii and California.
Bulldog73
AG
Auto slash has been our go to.
thirty-two
AG
I use National, and my account is still linked to a former employer that has a very nice discounted rate.
AggieOO
I get a corporate discount through work, but have found that sometimes it's cheaper to book without it.

For Maui, the discount took me from about 400 down to $100. However, im in Ohio right now and I booked a rental car for $60. When I tried to use the discount code, the price went to $120.
The Anchor
AG
www.turo.com
evan_aggie
AG
Try AVIS and AWD A113400.
ontherocks
AG
It's an App. Just look it up on your phone and download it. Like I said it's saved me $100's before and at other times it is the same as other search engines.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.