Southwest Help

1,127 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ogre09
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have travel funds expiring on the the 20th. I booked a round trip flight CRP to HOU this weekend to use it up and visit some friends. Paid a little extra for the difference. Now that there is a tropical storm looming, i'm re thinking my plans. I don't want to get stuck in HOU sunday.

Do you guys have any tips for extending the expiration on funds like this? Person on the phone already said not possible unless I call them after it expires and they will be able to do it then, however will likely be a fee involved.

Do I risk traveling this weekend? Am I overthinking the tropical storm? Or do I cancel, let it expire and try and pay more money to recoup my funds? Its about $300 in travel funds.

TIA
Matsui
AG
just travel and risk it. a tropical storm isn't that big of a deal. worst case you drive to dallas or something and then fly out.
BlueAg2003
AG
I have done the extension before, but yes, you have to wait until after the date. And then they cut the travel funds in half.

Why not just go somewhere else?
drumboy
AG
Matsui said:

just travel and risk it. a tropical storm isn't that big of a deal. worst case you drive to dallas or something and then fly out.
Drive from Houston to Dallas to fly to Corpus? This doesn't add up.
lazuras_dc
AG
All SW flights out of cc connect in HOU so going anywhere else I run into the same issue
Matsui
AG
Just roll with it.
BlueAg2003
AG
Ah, that makes sense. I would just chance it then.
StEdsCOOG
I have a flight credit that expires on the 28th so I said screw it and booked a flight to Vegas leaving the 27th. I just got back from Vegas on the 7th so I may regret this decision.
Ogre09
AG
It's going to rain a little. No big deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.