anyone been to Roatan ?

1,316 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bmc13
woodyhayes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
besides for a short cruise line stop ? Have friends that cashed out and moved there and seems a lot of people I know go for a week or 2 at a time. Tell me your experiences if you've been.
txags92
AG
We went quite a few years ago for week long dive vacations. We stayed at a resort and only went down to west end a couple of times. What i have read more recently wouldnt cause me to not vacation there, but there have been some instances of crime against ex-pats living there. The thing that has mostly kept us from going back has been that airfares from Houston got stupid expensive at the same time Southwest has come in with cheap fares elsewhere in the Caribbean.
Oak Forest Ag
AG
My wife and I go there at least once a year on vacation. We were just there over Memorial Day week.

We really like it! Slightly over 2 hours, non-stop, from IAH, all Hondurans from the island speak English, and the water is beautiful.

PM me and I can share more details with you.
gigemaggies88
Great place especially if you dive or snorkel
bmc13
AG
I went around 10 years ago. great diving, really quiet. they were rebuilding the port then.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.