Best Resort in Cabo for Honeymoon?

2,305 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by David_Puddy
JoaquinDinero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I were unable to take a honeymoon immediately after getting married a few months ago. We are looking at going to Cabo at the end of July, and I'm looking for suggestions on the best places to stay. We would love all inclusive, and an adults only spot is a must. Any suggestions or information is helpful.
Snake Jazz
We stayed at Dreams on our honeymoon, and it was great. That was over a decade ago, though.
CBarrett12
AG
Wife and I stayed at the Esperanza last Fall. Not all inclusive, which may be a deal breaker for you, but it was likely the nicest resort we have ever stayed at. From the rooms, to the food, service, and the spa/fitness center...highly recommend.
Fairview
AG
We always stay at The Resort at Pedregal. It's extremely nice and would be an awesome place for a honeymoon. It's not all inclusive and it's pretty expensive but it's an amazing resort that isn't too huge.
MemorialTXAg
The resort at Pedregal was very nice; every room has its own plunge pool. I would go back for sure.

That said, I thought Cabo was a complete dump, the beaches are nothing special and I recommend never leaving the resort unless for a planned day trip, excursion or a dinner. Don't understand the hype.

It wouldn't be on my top 20 list of honeymoon places.
beachfront71
AG
There are some great beaches in Cabo unless you are staying on the pacific ocean side which happens to be where Pedregal is located. Nothing there and no swimming..but you can walk to town..

Esperanza is a top 2 hotel in Cabo but the main restaurant and bar are under construction until September.. They are running some really aggressive deals right not due to this but I did not think it was worth the risk.

We are back down there in 2 weeks and staying at Chileno Bay for the second time. It is in the same hotel family as Esperanza but a totally different vibe and design with one of the best restaurants down there. Its also on a swimmable beach many consider the best snorkeling in cabo.

Montage just opened up last week.. we are taking a tour while there but a little to new .. the brand itself though is outstanding overall ..

I would not focus on AI.. too many world class resorts and restaurants you will want to experience at all price points.

Long story short..IMO
Best honeymoon hotel -- Palmilla or Esperanza
Close 3rd - Chileno Bay ..

Matsui
AG
If you wanted an ai and it was a must what are the top 3-4?
gindaloon
AG
The Cape Thompson is awesome.
DG-Ag
AG
beachfront71 said:

There are some great beaches in Cabo unless you are staying on the pacific ocean side which happens to be where Pedregal is located. Nothing there and no swimming..but you can walk to town..

Esperanza is a top 2 hotel in Cabo but the main restaurant and bar are under construction until September.. They are running some really aggressive deals right not due to this but I did not think it was worth the risk.

We are back down there in 2 weeks and staying at Chileno Bay for the second time. It is in the same hotel family as Esperanza but a totally different vibe and design with one of the best restaurants down there. Its also on a swimmable beach many consider the best snorkeling in cabo.

Montage just opened up last week.. we are taking a tour while there but a little to new .. the brand itself though is outstanding overall ..

I would not focus on AI.. too many world class resorts and restaurants you will want to experience at all price points.

Long story short..IMO
Best honeymoon hotel -- Palmilla or Esperanza
Close 3rd - Chileno Bay ..

We're flying down there on Wednesday. Originally was to stay at Esperanza but found out about the construction and switched to Chileno.

Now I'm seeing there's a hurricane/TS and most of our stay looks like it could get washed out.
JMac03
AG
Keep in mind - most beaches in Cabo aren't swimmable, so if getting in the water is important to you, I would choose Puerto Vallarta or Cancun/Riviera Maya.

Resorts with great ratings are Grand Velas (my clients love), Hyatt Ziva, Secrets, and Pueblo Bonita resorts. Secrets, Breathless and one of the Pueblo Bonita resorts are adults-only if that is a plus for you.
beachfront71
AG
DG-Ag said:

We're flying down there on Wednesday. Originally was to stay at Esperanza but found out about the construction and switched to Chileno.

Now I'm seeing there's a hurricane/TS and most of our stay looks like it could get washed out.

Bummer. We go there often but now that I think about it.. I'm not sure I've ever been there when its rained and really not sure what I would do to kill the time.
Al Bula
AG
Resort at Pedregal was amazing. The tunnel makes you feel like you're very secluded but it's a short walk down to the marina and nightlife.

I agree that Cabo isn't the best place for a
Honeymoon but it is a cool place.

Don't think Cabo is a good destination for all inclusive but to each their own.
DG-Ag
AG
beachfront71 said:

DG-Ag said:

Bummer. We go there often but now that I think about it.. I'm not sure I've ever been there when its rained and really not sure what I would do to kill the time.
Probably a lot of drinking on my balcony watching the rain!
beachfront71
AG

Might be a good time to take a cab over to the new Montage for lunch and check it out for everyone!

Just opened on the 1st. and only 2 miles away.

JoaquinDinero
AG
Thanks for the replies and input, guys. I'm still working on final plans, but will update everyone with a status after the trip. The information is much appreciated.
C ROC N
Casa Dorado on Medano Beach would be a great choice. We our property owners there so you will not run into the tourist crowd. Walking distance to everything including groceries, night life , shops, restaurants, and the world famous Marlin fishing! The mango deck is close by for daily/nightly drinks and entertainment. You can stay there even though it's mainly owned by property owners for like 250-300 a night. We always meet others who had the same mind frame that came to relax and enjoy Cabo!
JoaquinDinero
AG
So you're saying you're willing to cut me a great deal?! HA.
Seriously though, thank you for the information. The more that I research, the more it's looking like we want to do a "low key" week away from the touristy things. I'm an avid offshore fisherman and do a ton of it here in the states, and will definitely be booking a couple of trips to catch some billfish while down there. Do you have any fishing contacts down there?
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
My recommendation if you opt to go fishing:

https://www.facebook.com/cabomahimahifishingcharters/.
Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
christina08
AG
I second Pedregal or Esperanza. Pedregal's restaurabt, El Farralon is great or Sunset Mona Lisa if you feel like venturing out.
strohag
AG
Fish with Pisces
beachfront71
AG
DG-Ag said:

beachfront71 said:

DG-Ag said:

Probably a lot of drinking on my balcony watching the rain!

How was the hurricane at Chileno?
David_Puddy
AG
I've stayed twice at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos and would highly recommend it. Once I stayed in the oceanfront swim out and most recently did just a regular swim out. The oceanfront swim out is phenomenal if your budget allows for it. If you want just a regular room, you can stay there a lot cheaper. My suggestion is to book a regular room and then upgrade when you get there, which is what I did both times and it was significantly cheaper that booking the rooms ahead of time. With the upgraded rooms, you get access to the "Preferred Club" which will give you access to your own bar, snack area with premium liquor and such.

It's about a 30 minute cab ride to downtown, so not sure if proximity to the touristy stuff is important to you (if it is I'd stay somewhere else). If not, it's a great, secluded resort with I think 5 different restaurants on premises and there is a good chill infinity pool and a bigger, more lively pool depending on what you're after. We stayed in the more chill pool most of the time and met a few other nice couples (a few on honeymoons). There is also a pretty solid golf course on property that you can play cheaper if you play golf. As with most spots in Cabo, you can't get in the water due to the size of the waves & current. They have offshore fishing excursions that you can book onsite there as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.