Priceline hotels

1,429 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 213 Grove
johnrth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone used priceline to find hotels? I'm looking for a hotel in Denver for 1 night when my family will be driving through. I was looking at all the other travel sites but then I started getting curious with the gamble Priceline offers. They still have name your own price but I'm real iffy since you won't know the hotel until you pay and you can't cancel. They also have you can choose the hotels star rating and pay a low price, ie. 4 star hotel in downtown for $98 or 4 star in the tech center for $68. I'm leaning towards going this route rather than naming my own price but wanted to see if anyone else has gambled and how it turned out.
Oak Forest Ag
AG
johnrth said:

Has anyone used priceline to find hotels? I'm looking for a hotel in Denver for 1 night when my family will be driving through. I was looking at all the other travel sites but then I started getting curious with the gamble Priceline offers. They still have name your own price but I'm real iffy since you won't know the hotel until you pay and you can't cancel. They also have you can choose the hotels star rating and pay a low price, ie. 4 star hotel in downtown for $98 or 4 star in the tech center for $68. I'm leaning towards going this route rather than naming my own price but wanted to see if anyone else has gambled and how it turned out.
I used PL a lot about 7-9 years ago, not so much lately. My tip is to always go with the highest star-rated property possible, at least 4 star and 5 star if they have one.

Also, do the "name your own price", and start low (not $5 or $10, but at a point where you can add to your bid). I think you get two bids every 24 hours, so if you have plenty of time in advance, you should be able to get a decent property at a good rate.

Good luck!
ryanhnc10
AG
I use Priceline all the time. Also if you take just a couple of minutes to look at the criteria for whichever express deal you want, it's pretty easy to figure out which hotel you are going to get before you commit.
thisguy05
AG
Exactly. Familiarize yourself with the city and you can get a great deal.
Matsui
AG
There are websites that gather which hotels are classified in the star categories for each Priceline area. Also remember downtown Denver will add another $20-40 for overnight parking.
UmustBKidding
I typically use hotwire. Once you use it a while in a city you get to know which hotel it will be base on the description.
There are several sites including bidding for travel that will help you see what people are getting on both hotwire and priceline.

FbgTxAg
AG
I use Priceline almost exclusively. The name your own price is kinda hit or miss, but the express deals are great. You can almost always tell which hotel it is by the star rating, location, and number of reviews. I recommend using Priceline to everyone that asks.
213 Grove
AG
Download expodeals app. It tells you which Priceline hotel you get before you book. It's been right 100% of the time for us so far
Fairview
AG
If it's just for one night do it and see how you like it.
superunknown
AG
Matsui said:

There are websites that gather which hotels are classified in the star categories for each Priceline area. Also remember downtown Denver will add another $20-40 for overnight parking.

One of those websites is how i found out one of the hotwire/priceline partners in the DTC is Hyatt Place (or maybe it was Hyatt House) and i got it for like $50 a night once. Definitely worth it.
stardustag
AG
213 Grove said:

Download expodeals app. It tells you which Priceline hotel you get before you book. It's been right 100% of the time for us so far
expodeals app? Can't find it on iOS nor google it...
213 Grove
AG
stardustag said:

213 Grove said:

expodeals app? Can't find it on iOS nor google it...

Sorry typo.

EXP DEALS HOTEL. (Not the pro)

Has a bar graph as it's logo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.